jdc's bit.

jdc

Well I probably won't be posting very often, but here's a few from today.

Finally it's dry enough to sow some barley on my neighbour's lighter land.

Filling in the yard as it's too soft in the field for forklift.

sow.jpg

Bottom headland was the wettest.

sow1.jpg

A couple from the cab

sow2.jpg

sow3.jpg

Shaky rear view.

sow4.jpg

The Intelliview.

sow5.jpg

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys.  :) The drill looks a bit manky as it was sprayed with oil before winter and all the dust was sticking to it today. :D

Nice work John, looks a bit wet still down the bottom of the slope in one pic.

What does the transfer on the cab roof say ?

You can't see but there was stream running through the hollow fo most of the winter,.

It is a wee gear logo and Power Command - the gearbox choice I made. I get a closeup sometime.

when do you recon your will be ready for seeding then john?? certainly a nice looking combo you have there,

Well it's raining again this evening but it would have been another 5 days dry before I could get on at home. :)

Normally try to be sowing mid-Feb, bur definitely before mid-March after that it's more difficult to get yield and low grain nitrogen.

Supposed to be a rough day here tomorrow. At least I got that one rolled tonight, by GPS in the dark  ;D ;D

excellent john i was meaning to ask you for pics of your 6080 with the power harrows on  8) i really like those tractors for some reason  :) why wont you be posting often if you dont mind me asking  ???:-\

excellent john i was meaning to ask you for pics of your 6080 with the power harrows on  8) i really like those tractors for some reason  :) why wont you be posting often if you dont mind me asking  ???:-\

Thanks CJ - I do like the new 6 & 7000s too.  :) I'm ususally too busy to get pics, but I'll make an effort.  ;)

Thanks Bill and Ol - That is lightish land Ol (just wet), I know it's not like the antipodean junk that you are used to working with.  ;D ;D

John, I am getting all red X's there  :'(

Don't think I barred you from my website, Colm.  :D :D

much appreciated john will look foward to it, have you decided against the changeing the drill this year ?

have you had any problems with the 6080 since it arrived  ???

All okay now John ;D

What is the plastic hopper about in the background - a real life 1:1 conversion perhaps :D :D

Hawkeye! It's an old air drill that I'm using the metering unit from to make something else :)::)

Nice pics John  ;)

Lovely to see the blue for a change  ;)

How's the Renault still going strong  ???

Renault is going well - was rollling the other day and has fert spreader on now - I live in hope.  :)

much appreciated john will look foward to it, have you decided against the changeing the drill this year ?

have you had any problems with the 6080 since it arrived  ???

Still going to change before autumn CJ, it's a short list of a Khun Venta NC, Solitaire 9 or a second hand Horsch Pronto (doubtful)

The 6080 has been OK - only problems PTO sensor failed, easy change at first service and door (whole side of cab) shattered one night when I shut it.  :(

Ah... so it's not just me who has tractor problems then  :);)

Nice kit Mr Cranberry... as my friends above have said... you do look after your stuff very well which is a real credit to you.  It's a pity you let that tash run away with itself.... when you see how tidy you like the rest of your life  ;D:-*

Serious question...

Do you know how much that lot weighs all up (loaded... the works) ??? - you look like you have some weight there I reckon  :o

The door is a bit disappointing John - I bet you wrapped it around a gate post but are not admitting it :D :D

Ah yes thought it was an old Vicon drill in the background alright ;D

How do you find the Renault since you chipped her - in terms of power and fuel consumption ???

I presume with the Kuhn and the Lemken that includes the power harrow - would be more inclined to go with lemken although both are heavy lumps compared with what you have at the moment ;)

Archived