jdc's bit.

jdc

Serious question...

Do you know how much that lot weighs all up (loaded... the works) ??? - you look like you have some weight there I reckon  :o

Dunno Marky. Tractor will be around 6.5t, front harrow - 1.8t (?), drill, seed, p/harrow - 3.0t, so roughly 11t.  :)

The door is a bit disappointing John - I bet you wrapped it around a gate post but are not admitting it :D :D

Ah yes thought it was an old Vicon drill in the background alright ;D

How do you find the Renault since you chipped her - in terms of power and fuel consumption ???

I presume with the Kuhn and the Lemken that includes the power harrow - would be more inclined to go with lemken although both are heavy lumps compared with what you have at the moment ;)

Renault is now 145 and way better on fuel especially on spraying and fert spreading using economy PTO. She can hang on better too at low revs.

Both drills have basically same coulter, but Khun has more front/back spacing also everything is mounted on the packer.

Would put the Lemken on to a Khun harrow - don't know how long the Lemken would last - it's definitely made to a price. :)

Very nice pictures. Also great equipment you working with.

Texas

Thankyou Texas.  ;)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A power harrow under the drill realy needed John? What about a vaddy type drill?

Definitely needed Ol.  :D  Last autumn all the Vaddys round here were parked up - one guy bought a 6m combination to get sown, still had to Rexius in front. :)

Well it is sunny here in Aberdeen now John but still coldish. Mind you I seen quite a few farmers spreading dung and slurry and ploughing over the last week so hopefully we will see some sowing in Aberdeenshire within the next few weeks.

A couple from yesterday, sowing Cocktail barley. Finished for one neighbour but the other is lambing and doesn't want me until he's finished.  :) Too windy to get any fertiliser on now  :(

drill.jpg

It wasn't all plain sailing, with a couple of badly drained springs. It shows that the land still isn't really very dry underneath yet.

spring.jpg

The wind was drying the land quickly so I managed to get it rolled before the rain.

3065_roll.jpg

3065_roll2.jpg

thanks for the pics john, regards the drill choices our is planted with a lemken solitare 7 i think the mechanical version and i have no complants about it when the job is done cant say anything about useing it but the power harrow did break a number of tines when here.

Thanks for all the comments  ;)

so do you contract to other local farms then?? or is it a sort of help out thing, so you get help back in the summer with harvest ect

A couple of older neighbours whose tackle is getting a bit aged. One I do the whole job, including storing and selling the grain, the other I only take it up to harvest and he does that.  :)

What a lovely looking machine John.... I want it  :P :P :P - the 3065 before we get any wise cracks  >:(:D :D

You're just a grabaholic for anything vaguely MF  ;D

so the electricity board put the pole right through the land drain...?   ::);):)

Looks like it but the pole has been there for a while and the water is just running down towards it.

Archived