Marky's visit to Beauvais... the home of MF tractors...

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great picture

i love looking in factory like that and the way the tractor are made even if it a mf one

EVEN if its MF  :o :o >:(:D :D :D - don't you mean ESPECIALLY as it's MF

What a great factory tour, awsome pictures, thank you for sharing.

Erik.

My pleasure Erik...

Brilliant Mark. Found that very interesting. Looks a damn site more fun than when I walked around the peugeot car plant  :P

Did they give any inclincation as to how many challengers / iseki models that produce? Ratio to the standard red massey etc?

Thanks for sharing the pictures marky. I trust they fitted you with a restraining leash and drool catch bag. ;D. I would love to have the chance too look around a big factory like that, closest ive been too a factory tour was the Jaguar factory at castle bromwich, not as big as the MF factory.

wow Marky that would be awsome to go on that trip, im not a huge MF fan but i dont think it would matter just seeing the history and how the new ones are built and put together would just be awsome

Brilliant Mark. Found that very interesting. Looks a damn site more fun than when I walked around the peugeot car plant  :P

Did they give any inclincation as to how many challengers / iseki models that produce? Ratio to the standard red massey etc?

I don't think they quoted a figure Andy... they did say that 2wds were less than 3% of production (nearly all for the states)... They make 90 tractors a day here... and I spotted about 4 orange and yelow models all together... nothing blue on the line... but I did snap the blue panels in the paint shop part.

I suspect it's a pretty low percentage really... but sorry I can't quote a figure  :-[

thanks for sharing mark great,paul

My pleasure Paul.... thanks for the thanks

Thanks for taking the time to take and upload photos Marky, very interesting  :)

thanks Barry... I'm a tad embarrased about the picture quality  :-[ - but I'm pleased to share them with us all

nice pics mark , looks a very busy place to spend time  :)

first pic page 2 like the massey harris general purpose tractor , allwhel drive at it best  :D would love to own one

me too.... not much grip mind you  :-\ :D :D :D

Great pictures there marky I hope you had a really good time looks like you did anyway.

Very interesting to see as well.

It was superb rob... better than that even  :P ... thanks

Thanks for sharing the pictures marky. I trust they fitted you with a restraining leash and drool catch bag. ;D. I would love to have the chance too look around a big factory like that, closest ive been too a factory tour was the Jaguar factory at castle bromwich, not as big as the MF factory.

they did have to put a rope around my wrist at one point to stop me wandering off and pinching parts  :D :D :D

wow Marky that would be awsome to go on that trip, im not a huge MF fan but i dont think it would matter just seeing the history and how the new ones are built and put together would just be awsome

Thanks Spud.... I'm more interested in the older stuff if the truth be told... but this was still an awsome trip

Well Mr Red that was a very interesting read even for me.

Maybe you can be the FTF FR FTF Factory Reporter??

I'll make some enquirees for the three here......

Keep up the good work mate!

thanks Jez... but could I wear my MF overalls  :-\ :D :D :D

love to have been there .. did you manage to pick any models ...did they have a model shop there ,if so what was in it any rare ones (white 5480 etc) also was there a mf model display oh i could go on

No shop there bob... they did give us all an MF5480 (dealer box obviously) which was a nice gesture - the only models I spotted were the ones in the dining room.  The hotel we had lunch at had about 10 MF models behind the reception as well  :D :D :D

What a great visit for a MF freak like yourself - it's a miracle they got you back home. Some good pics there too.

Did you bone them about your hydraulic pump?  ;D ;D

:D :D - no .... I didn't mention it John  :-[ - I did tell a few of my new friends on the coach that it had 'been trouble' ... although in fairness it's been ok since it's been repaired properly  :-\

I'm going to try to get back there some time before I leave the planet I reckon... I think it would be so much better without a stinking hangover  :-[:D :D

Excellent write up Mark. I did the AGCO, NH and JD plants in America but I find on a tour like this with so much to see I take absoloutley nothing in from the tour guide at all  ::):D So it was good to read all the information as well as see all the photos.  :)

Just one thing, why are there so many Postmen there?!  :D :D :D  (orange vests)

good couple of days out marky, plenty to see to, nice to know they are flat out again, been a while since the mf brand was going forward but of late they are really starting to get it right again, loads starting to appear down here now, new ones that is, and as you said my uncle said sales of the jd's are down at his dealership,deff less greens round here now,new ones that is 

good couple of days out marky, plenty to see to, nice to know they are flat out again, been a while since the mf brand was going forward but of late they are really starting to get it right again, loads starting to appear down here now, new ones that is, and as you said my uncle said sales of the jd's are down at his dealership,deff less greens round here now,new ones that is 

the green dealership i am with currently sold over 230 tractors last year and have got bulging order books at the moment both tractors and combines. massey will definitely benefit and move forward with fendts technology without it in the bigger tractor sector they would have struggled. the problem is in my area is there simply isnt enough back up available and farms are getting swallowed up into bigger units  using other brands.traditionally around here mf were on mixed farms and livestock farms with numbers of both disappearing or gone the market place has shrunk. my point of view from trade point of view mf in this area have got some serious catch up to do- i worked for ford dealership when ford suffered big reliability problems late eighties /beginning nineties  even now new holland are still fighting the comeback locally. case ih are suffering fall from grace locally . i believe for mf too achieve serious inroads/return to uk strong market position it isnt so much re -establishing the tractor market share but the combine market aswell. also believe the mf brand part of agco group should stand alone as an mf brand when it comes to back up.

Very interesting topic & pics Mr F.  I bet you would have paid good money for a trip like that eh  :D

Is the (ex Luftwaffe) test track place in the factory grounds, or is it a fair distance away ?

Not to far Mark... about 10 mins in a coach... Good money.... yes indeed I would have done for sure  ;D

Stunning pics Mark, thanks for sharing  ;) would love to visit there one day   ;D, is there a certain age limit ???

They didn't mention an age limit... but I think you have to buy a tractor first  :-\

the words kid and sweetshop come to mind with you visiting there Mark,

thanks for posting your photos and good read too I found that very interesting :)

Glad you ejoyed it buddy... I was indeed like a kid in a sweetshop  ;D