My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3x front agrobands now started too.   Everything is built from scratch as there's literally nothing to use as a base model. So in other words it's all time consuming 

IMG_20200415_121008.jpg

Such was the demand for planters I have now chosen this as my next challenge, because its a new colour for me and a new challenge which is nice    more front agrobands will be built too. Very limited batch which are now spoken for and beginning in 3 weeks. Meanwhile a one off mower looms for a good customer first.  I previously avoided Standen because they weren't helpful at all to me years ago regarding information but now I don't need them so build can commence 

Screenshot_20200414_183217_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200414_183543_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

The REEKIE jigsaw ready to put together. 2 were made and 12 agrobands in the making for the front and also for the front of the forthcoming STANDEN sp200 planters   a small break now from planters to build a mower and then back at it 

IMG_20200419_120354.jpg

IMG_20200419_120449.jpg

Almost complete. Few tiny things to do    my decal on side panel shouldn't be white so I've re ordered it.  Apart from that it all went according to plan    its a surprisingly time consuming thing to put together, took about 3 times longer than I thought but it's done now 

IMG_20200420_210903.jpg

IMG_20200420_210831.jpg

IMG_20200420_210816.jpg

IMG_20200420_210754.jpg

IMG_20200420_210731.jpg

IMG_20200420_210717.jpg

IMG_20200420_210704.jpg

IMG_20200420_210658.jpg

Thanks Stan. The virus thing made me catch up with a few requests from good customers, never thought I'd do anymore of these or taarup mowers. But glad it's kept me busy so far, now there's a list as long as my arm to get through that I've dabbled back onto spud gear, most potato equipment in 1/32 requires firstly a strong brass frame to mount onto, and this I think is why we see so little of it, the brass slows things down but is the only job for strenght,  a real big one is in the planning down the line that'd need at least 300hp to get moving 

On 4/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, B O R said:

Thanks Stan. The virus thing made me catch up with a few requests from good customers, never thought I'd do anymore of these or taarup mowers. But glad it's kept me busy so far, now there's a list as long as my arm to get through that I've dabbled back onto spud gear, most potato equipment in 1/32 requires firstly a strong brass frame to mount onto, and this I think is why we see so little of it, the brass slows things down but is the only job for strenght,  a real big one is in the planning down the line that'd need at least 300hp to get moving 

Very impressive. I like the weight that comes from brass, but I must confess in my limited experience i’ve Stuck to plasticard. How do you bond the brass? 

Keep them coming, prefer the classic stuff as personal preference, but equally mesmerised by the quality of your spud equipment

I solder. Its very time consuming as every joint needs cut, squared, cleaned with sanding pad ( brass must be spotless) soldered and then filed down, very often holding the small parts together to u solder is the tricky bit, I find small pieces of steel plate are the best for this, I've 12 of these agrobands to build and u can see from pics below the work goes into it, although the agroband is far from my biggest model I'd say for its size it's the most time consuming as all ur joints are so close together. To the best of my knowledge there no other way of joining brass as glue etc wouldn't last very long

IMG_20200422_230610.jpg

IMG_20200422_200236.jpg

3x GRASSHOPPER mowers underway. 2 of them for a good customer.  I found last time the grasshopper was probably the  most awkward to make, the drums is where I begin, then it's back to brass for the main frame and drawbar   only thing bought is wheels and decals. No donor available for this one in any way 

Screenshot_20200427_105103_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, B O R said:

Thanks Stan. Good to get a look at how things were done last time    still a devil to get right though 

Yes, I remember how you cursed me for suggesting it.

The geometry of the linkages for the drums was a bugger if I recall

:blink: :huh: ;)

Just as well I didn't suggest a Locust

Locust.jpg

I normally announce forthcoming builds on my Valley models Facebook page or here and gather numbers for limited batches   then payment then build Commencement    

9 hours ago, B O R said:

I normally announce forthcoming builds on my Valley models Facebook page or here and gather numbers for limited batches   then payment then build Commencement    

Cool I'll keep a eye out on hear I dont have Facebook. 

• 2 weeks later...

The troublesome threesome are now in paint, thought I was going to crack up during this, a model like this has its workings all visable whereas a modern machine had more sheet metal and easier to replicate, any brackets etc on the main frame here are either 100% correct or else everything else that follows is wrong so studying the real one is the key   I stand by my previous statement that these are the most difficult thing I've ever taken on so far 

IMG_20200508_140000.jpg

IMG_20200508_140005.jpg

IMG_20200508_140010.jpg

IMG_20200508_144012.jpg

Archived