My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

10x taarup 307 bodies underway, the brass work will soon commence    one is available from the 10    I'm finding it harder and harder to get the time these days though but you can just so your best 

IMG_20200225_215613.jpg

IMG_20200225_215607.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brass mainly for the bits requiring strength, if the body suits to be plasticard then that's the way to go. The brass is very time consuming to work with but offers immense strength 

8 hours ago, B O R said:

Brass mainly for the bits requiring strength, if the body suits to be plasticard then that's the way to go. The brass is very time consuming to work with but offers immense strength 

I thought it would be, I had noticed you'd moved to plastic alot more compared with earlier builds, I would have to agree completely that plastic is much faster to work with. Looking forward to seeing the finished.

Brass in honesty is a last resort due to its time requirement, for example my thresher model I bought plank type plasticard and used it on top of ordinary plasticard but if that model had been entirely sheet brass it'd cost 4 times to build due to time    for this mower the swing arm and drawbar are brass as there's a lot of brackets and moving bits coming off both and I have the confidence  now there now very strong indeed 

A lot more work done over the last 2 days. Just the autoswather table and it's frame to make now. The checking over at this stage for the little things takes time, all holes for pipework etc. All ram stops and clearances double checked, been a long few days but slowly getting there 

IMG_20200331_235258.jpg

IMG_20200331_235237.jpg

IMG_20200331_235043.jpg

Archived