hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

we've all seen them , more than likely most of us have used them , but unless they're still good enough to sell on they're left in fields ,ditches & hedges , till nature starts to hide them from view , but they're still there rusting away retired from duty for many for good . in years to come  they wont be recogniseable , so here's a topic to remember them by.

please feel free to add to the collection of pics to remember that once these usefull machines were shiney & new .

deering No3 binder

Image023Small.jpg

Image024Small.jpg

well used hay turner pulled out from the brambles with felled trees

Image030Small.jpg

vicon acrobact rake probably striped for spares & left

Image032Small.jpg

set of trailed drags & cambridge rolls

Image031Small.jpg

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rabewerk plough

P1180011Small.jpg

international 454 ?

P1040003Small.jpg

tarrup side mount forager & jones baler

P2040004Small.jpg

zetor 7211 ?

DSCF0349Small.jpg

E27 n with winch

DSCF0286Small.jpg

JCB520 engine out & left

14-6-074Small.jpg

international 885 xl been left standing never to run again

14-6-0712Small.jpg

will try getting picture of a little place near us which has 3 leylands, 2 track marshalls and a mf combine along with full selection of machines lined up in an over grown yard. and as long as i can think back they have been there :(

Marcus didnt you have a similar topic??

this could be a great one!, tend to see more forgotten friends than moving!

not really ben, the internationals were in on my topic 'tractors & machinery on my journeys, but very rare i take pics of hedge bound or forgotten machinery , unless of course it's a tractor , but this topic is for anyone to post in , effectively it's for the machines that are past their sell by date & either replaced with a newer version & left to rust , or implements so knackered it just doesn't justify spending money to keep them going & therefore just left where they sit .

Great topic...here's some of my shots from a while ago (I thought I had posted one on this forum somewhere before, but can't find it!).  Claas Markant baler remains at Flanders Moss, Stirlingshire.

100_2221.jpg

100_2222.jpg

100_2223.jpg

weldone james T & massey boy , any chance we could have a caption with each picture ? nothing flashy just basicly what the item is.

like the class baler & set of discs james  , like most machines , if they wern't inanimate , you could almost hear their thoughts saddened in neglect,  i also wonder how many bales it clocked up !

cerin that first pic made me look a bit harder till i realised it's a ,or should i say it was a votex topper , same goes for the McCormick baler i wonder how many bales that ran out before it was retired

great pics keep them coming chaps

the 885 xl wow  ::):-*:-* :-*

now im guessing the T-A is shot maybee the engine

the fly wheel might be done in too  :-[

new engine block might be a runner

convert the TA to solid a little clean here and there be a good runnabout

just some TLC i will pick it up if they dont wanmt it  ;) ;) ;)

Marcus - that looks like a very early JCB to me - possibly a 65 or Hydradigger and is definetly not a 3C ;).

JCB4, these replaced the hydra-digger/loadall combination in 1960. The nearside wing is missing.

Went out for a drive today and found these old relics, first the combines

I originally thought this was a Claas Senator but when I got closer it was a Protector, I don't ever remember seeing one before

CopyofTractors005.jpg

CopyofTractors009.jpg

Then a Dominator 85

CopyofTractors007.jpg

CopyofTractors008.jpg

There was a load of other smaller stuff as well, ploughs, discs and rollers all buried in the nettles, I think this was a hay turner, probably a Bamford Wuffler or similar. I was standing on a set of blue discs when I took the photo, I think they might have been Parmiter

Tractors013-1.jpg

Archived