hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

ah now this is where it all goes wrong , the farmer is happy to let it rot  after all it's an old machine he no longer uses so it basicly worthless scrap , that is untill someone shows an interest when it then becomes heart wrenching to just let it go because of course it has suddenly become quite valuable in it's own right , or more like , if it can still be uesed by someone  else it's got to be worth someting

I think i see what you mean basically the farmer dosen't want it until some one else does ???

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

been a while !

nice flexi coil with a cracked frame

nov0912Small.jpg

tarrup 602 with maize header on

nov097Small.jpg

nov0910Small.jpg

it's grass header

nov0911Small.jpg

disc plough , but what make ? no plate on it

nov098Small.jpg

ohh what a machine , howard big baler  :D :D  the bales wern't rolled or packed the grass was just sort of pushed in the chamber & tied

nov099Small.jpg

i'm actually looking for a spreader mike , so might give chap a ring & have a look see whats wrong with it , more than likely the bearings have gone & the chains are stretched , there's little  howard 100 in the nettles near sailsbury as well i might have to ring about as well

shame marts so far away mate, his bos has 3 kid fymaxs sat there doing nowt :D :D :D  mind you being a trucker, quick 7.5 tonner higer and a days drive ;) ;) ;)  if ones for sale that is

some intresting stuff there, i seem to remember a neighbour to us tried a howard big bale one season ,dont ever remember seing it again so i guess he didnt buy it,

best place for a howard big baler is the scarp heap, hord bales, use to work for a guy that baled with one, i hated carting and stacking those sloopy shaggy things, still send shivers down my spine.....

I had completely forgotten about those Howard balers till now, but I agree.  :)

Never seen a disc plough with a frame like that either

• 2 months later...

I had completely forgotten about those Howard balers till now, but I agree.  :)

Never seen a disc plough with a frame like that either

been back since john & the disc plough is a huard or somthing like that ?

just one pic for now , a very late Kidd topper , as it has tarrup decals on  :of

small hardi sprayer & a vicon fert spreader

13120101Small.jpg

I've hauled silage past this for three seasons now and never even seen this tucked away in here before. Next to a Thames Trader (I think) luton van and a series one Transit. Across the way is a vintage fire engine collector with a yard full of stuff and in a bramble in the paddock is some kind of military comms lorry and a loading shovel!!

post-227-132639233953_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639233958_thumb.jpg

One of three or four Titans I think. There are dozens of other Webcox 8t trailer, single axle tin sided trailers, wooden planked trailers. . .  all sorts basically.

The forager shed. ..  a cracking bunch too.  8)

post-227-132639234285_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639234298_thumb.jpg

Archived