hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

Farm near me used to have a Turbotiler .  There was a new implement out recently ( cant remember what it was , too modern for me )  , but  it  had those  crumblers fitted to rear of it  . Did think at time  of making a Turbotiller from it .

the bonnel cultivator poss iain????

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

we had one of them on the first  farm i worked on ... sad day when it was put on fire by the scrap man :'(

This one appears to be beyond resurection, apparently it's been sat in the same place for at least 50 years, not sure what make it is, Dad couldn't find a name on it.

i know of 1 like that up in norfolk, quiddenham way, right on a main road in full view, is in better condition to ,he did have a  few old trailers beside it to for a while

This one is in a very poor state of repair Sean. The chap who run's the farm now inherited it from the previous owner who never came back to retrieve it after the hand over took place.

nice find mate ,the thresher may be too far gone for some , but given to the right people , you'd be surprised what can be either rescued or salvaged  :)  i dare say over half of the pictured machinery in this topic would still be useable given a bit of attention  :)

i have heard that some farmers still use threshing drums to clean peas/beans as they produce a perfect sample.

on a slightly different note has anyone seen the Dads Army episode with the thresher? hilarious as usual.

I was told at a vintage tractor club meeting a few years back of a farmer/collector somtimes used one for producing a clean sample.

nice find mate ,the thresher may be too far gone for some , but given to the right people , you'd be surprised what can be either rescued or salvaged  :)  i dare say over half of the pictured machinery in this topic would still be useable given a bit of attention  :)

Thanks Marcus, i'm enjoying the fact that most of my Dad's work these days is on farm based ground works, I keep reminding him not to forget his camera every morning. :) I'd love to see the old thresher rescued by someone with the skills to restore it. :)

At least if you restore that, you need to be more carpenter than engineer. Good little job for BC's dad.  :)

A perfect candidate for the job, just need Bill to convince his friend with the T-cab Scania to go on an excursion to North Yorkshire.  :) 

At least if you restore that, you need to be more carpenter than engineer. Good little job for BC's dad.  :)

was thinking more of old massey after all marks a chippy as well ! make a change to ford farm in the attic

• 1 month later...

Then an old cultivator, we used to call this type a scuffle

05042010704.jpg

Remnants of a long rusted trailer and a Lister elevator

05042010727.jpg

I have no idea what tractor is under the tarpaulin though

05042010708.jpg

David Brown ;)

Well, how about a picture or just a little clue or is this a reply to the last photo?

I love this topic. We should have an FTF Rescue service - the closest member goes in and gets the poor abandoned piece of machinery and takes it to a central repositary (probably Marky's gaff) then it stays there until another member can restore it. Dreams !! :D

Well, how about a picture or just a little clue or is this a reply to the last photo?

I love this topic. We should have an FTF Rescue service - the closest member goes in and gets the poor abandoned piece of machinery and takes it to a central repositary (probably Marky's gaff) then it stays there until another member can restore it. Dreams !! :D

it was a reply to the last photo Jo, of which i agree it's looks like a David brown 850,880,990?

ive said the same earlier in the topic jo that some of these machines wouldn't take much to restore ,although it has to be said the majority of the machines pictured are very much well past their sell buy date . you have the right idea though,if enough interest is generated towards one machine a little restoration group evolves  :)

thanks for the pics mike  :)  RIP the 780 :(

John don't even suggest it...life is too too short we need to get the shed done first ;D ;D

A perfect candidate for the job, just need Bill to convince his friend with the T-cab Scania to go on an excursion to North Yorkshire.  :)

I'm sure he would David if I paid for the diesel ;) ;) . In fact it one fit onto one of the 4 legger Volvo's with the brimex bodies ;D ;D

I think a lot of it could be blown off before we got it to Drumoak and well I think that sitting in my drive could tip the neighbours the wrong way :-\ :-\

MF 79 4 furrow plough

DSCF2044Small.jpg

dead international

DSCF2067Small.jpg

found some absolute gems the other day , talked to another driver & was told they'd just cleared over 70 tonnes of scrap !  one hook loader skip was so heavy the lorry couldnt pull it aboard,not helped by the fact it had a CAT D6 in the bottom of it  :of

got a few pictures of what was left  :)

the remains of a kuhn FC 300G ? mower , ther were another 2-3 of these at the bottom of the field  ::)

DSCF2063Small.jpg

heavy duty cultivator

DSCF2056Small.jpg

remains of a kvernland plough

DSCF2055Small.jpg

a collection of kidd / tarrup bale shreders , yard scrapers, mower gearboxes & i dare say the obligatory fridge somewhere  ::)

DSCF2049Small.jpg

one for PDC here

go on paul something to get yer spanners on  ;D 

a mercedes 1617 ,from the looks of the other trailers round the farm this will be cut for the back end & a drawbar added  :-\

DSCF2059Small.jpg

couple of spare booms for a jcb 525

DSCF2062Small.jpg

ah the the original owner of said booms  :'(

DSCF2057Small.jpg

ah well could have been worse  :'( :'( ;D

DSCF2058Small.jpg

i'm pretty certain this isn't used anymore  ???  but maybe a bit of polish & some wheels & it could probably do another season hauling silage ................

DSCF2051Small.jpg

alongside this maybe .......................

DSCF2061Small.jpg

DSCF2060Small.jpg

Great find Marcus, fascinating collection of relics.

Is scrap making decent money again ? If so this lot will be gone soon i suppose.

I bet there's one or two bits on that 4000 I could do with  :laugh:

Archived