New manufacturer - Imber Models - Ford 5640

Barry

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words cannot describe my reaction when Steve showed me those beauties yesterday  ;)

Thankyou for some of the fellow ftf weirdos who held me up as I fainted  ;);D

Well done Steve (and Karen of course)  ;)

I know what you mean Barry,

i only read Ford 40-series going to be produced.. i was in shock! then i saw the pictures.. ehh.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY CHRIIIIISSSSTTTTTTT , THANK YOU STEVE AND KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!! it's like yesterday was my first, 2nd,3rd,4th, 5th, 6th , 7th etc..etc.. birthday packed in one day.. i am over the moon with these models... cant wait to give them a loving caring home  ;):D;D:-*:-* :-*:-*

They certainly look good from the pictures, and very good for that price, although I don't see how they can be profitable at that (especially bearing in mind the limited runs), unless they are going to produce an endless number of variations, which I hope they are not intending doing.  Constant redecals on the same model is one of the prominent and recurring whinges being constantly directed at Ertl/Britains, so we certainly don't want a repeat with these.

The only two points that I pick out from the pictures (I haven't seen the real things), is the splayed front wheels on the 2 wheel drive version, and the headlight surrounds being the wrong colour (which I asked about in an earlier post).  Hopefully they are just pre-production models and both faults will be rectified before release.  If the production version is like that, then I consider it unacceptable on such a model.

these models are more than a step in the right direction for the hobby.

Hopefully other companies will take note not copy but follow.

Im sure they will be a huge success.

I wont be buying one simply because i only buy models of the real tractors i like, so i cant wait to see what else appears from this company.

Looking good and even better to here that 2wd front is being looked at. Complaining that too many variations could be made is plain wrong if the model is correct, ie 5640, 6640 and 7740 are all the same shape and size. 7840, 8240 and 8340 are all the same size. So each 4 cylinder plus 7840 were available in 2wd and 4wd and SL and SLE versions, that gives 16 versions, then white roof, blue roof (Ford and NH versions) 8240 and 8340 in three versions gives 54 different variations not including the highway versions. If you then look at Highway versions they were made in yellow and orange. By the end of production we will be looking at 60 different versions or £2700 at current prices to get the entire range. Looks like we will have to start saving our pennies!!!

The headlight surrounds are the correct colour; the 6 cyl ones were darker and appeared almost black, the 4 cls are matt grey.

You are quite right, the surrounds were indeed matt dark grey.  However the ones on the model appear to be light grey, which is the wrong colour!

Front wheels tolerance is being addressed on production units.

I'm pleased to hear that, I thought it would be a preproduction thing  :)

Complaining that too many variations could be made is plain wrong if the model is correct,

Not at all. This has been a major cause of complaint against other manufacturers by a significant number of people on this forum, even where the base model is correct for all the variations depicted. 

Or is this just another hypocritical case of one rule for them and another for these???

ie 5640, 6640 and 7740 are all the same shape and size. 7840, 8240 and 8340 are all the same size. So each 4 cylinder plus 7840 were available in 2wd and 4wd and SL and SLE versions, that gives 16 versions, then white roof, blue roof (Ford and NH versions) 8240 and 8340 in three versions gives 54 different variations not including the highway versions. If you then look at Highway versions they were made in yellow and orange. By the end of production we will be looking at 60 different versions or £2700 at current prices to get the entire range. Looks like we will have to start saving our pennies!!!

This is precisely my point.  The majority of collectors are not rolling in money, and will quickly lose interest in a brand that overdoes it with one model - you only have to look at the regular criticism of the string of colour and decal changes on the likes of UH, Siku and Ertl/Britains.

Bare in mind they won't simply be a decal change, each will have the correct dash and gear levers to match the SL / E range. Also the correct wheel / tyre sizes will be applied to each model. Not every variant will appeal to every collector but all the variants will appeal to all collectors. So for a manufacturer to produce an entire range spanning a decade is a great idea but that's speculation

I didn't notice the headlight surround when I perved all over them. To me these are what DBP models are to those older than me. The whole range of 40's appeal to me in the way 10 series and Countys do to others but the price is spot on for me.

My point is badging models incorrectly is wrong. If a tractor can be badged correctly multiple tractors then that's fine by me. The cost of designing a model has to be recouped that can be done in one of three main ways, firstly produce unlimited runs to spread the cost per unit, secondly produce a number of variations achieving the same reult as the first of spreading the fixed costs. Thirdly is limited run and each model has higher fixed costs and hence higher retail price. I think the second is a good solution, people can buy all versions or just a version they have used or the one version they believe will gain the most in value.

i think what tris has said is right i personnally wont be buying one of the 5640 because ive never had any personnal experience with them so they dont mean anything special to me but i will however buy the 7740,7840and 8340 whenever they are made because of a personnal preference although i do disagree with his comment about dbp models because i certainly hope im not older than him  :D  plus on many of the 40 series if theyre kept outside the headlight surround can fade to almost a whiteish grey  ;)

At the end of the day no one is forcing anyone to buy any model they dont want no matter what make it is. It's nice to see someone sitting up taking notice of what people wants model wise and what fits in on the farming scene in the UK. The only 40 series Ford I have used was a 7840 sl 2wd, but that stop me collecting the different versions of this fantastic new range.

well said at that sort of pricing its great models at great price and extremely collectable.

Well done Steve, I hope this venture is a great success.

The models look fantastic in the flesh, and the detailing, working features, and especially the ability to swap empty weight block, set of wafer weights, and front linkage and other little bits and pieces make it nothing short of incredible at the price. On reflection I would think that many collectors would be inclined to purchase several different examples at the asking price , rather than just pick one type.

I'm no marketing strategist, but it seems a good plan to me.

I must also add , its very encouraging to see an informed British based venture that will hopefully grow and expand it's range, to include further models that will have appeal to us all  :)

My point is badging models incorrectly is wrong. If a tractor can be badged correctly multiple tractors then that's fine by me. The cost of designing a model has to be recouped that can be done in one of three main ways, firstly produce unlimited runs to spread the cost per unit, secondly produce a number of variations achieving the same reult as the first of spreading the fixed costs. Thirdly is limited run and each model has higher fixed costs and hence higher retail price. I think the second is a good solution, people can buy all versions or just a version they have used or the one version they believe will gain the most in value.

Well done that man. :)

personally i cant wait for the bigger models to in the range, i have bought two of these just becasue they are superb, they really catch the eye with the interchangable front parts, bonnet pannels ect. if steve doesnt do other colour versions like highways ect, then hes not the bussiness man we think he is, hes got the rights and good luck to him 

wow!!! :o :o :o , couldnt get to TT yesterday, but those models look better than anything i've seen in picture format, glad i didnt see them in the flesh!. Not a Ford lover myself but i may have to speak to her about xmas!! :D :D

Looks like Steve has taken all of what we have wanted in models over the years and got someone to create it, pity others dont get of there ass and follow this line!, i can see some falling even further behind in the model world! :) :) :):-\

Well done Steve. I could never understand why nobody had made this range in 1:32. I hope it is a big seller for you.

I'll be buying a Ford 7740 2wd and a NH 6640 4wd at some stage I hope.

A 7840 and 8340 will be tempting me too, I've no doubt.

For the front wheels on the 2wd, might I suggest that the wheels on the Britains JD4020 would be a great template.