Walter Derwent's Harvest Action

The Tractor Twitcher

Today I finally managed to get out and about with my camera to take my first photographs of this year's harvest and i've decided to start an individual thread for the machines I capture this summer so as not to seperate the tractors from the combines and other machines associated with harvest.

First stop this year on my harvest tour was to Holme Farm to photograph an ageing land leviathan hard at work in winter barley, a New Holland TF46 and quite a few other machines beside. It was just a shame the weather wasn't bright, blue and sunny for today's action, plenty more pictures to follow from today and I also hope to add a diverse range of other machines to this thread that i'm aware are working near where I live.

DSC04714.jpg

What's that coming over the hill......

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

DSC04745.jpg

DSC04684.jpg

DSC04685.jpg

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures you have made there, also a very nice landscape.

Texas

Thanks Baz, it was a really nice location to take some landscape pictures, over looking the Vale of Pickering. :)

Great pix, specialy the onces with the TW  8)

Thanks Erik, I've got admit I have a soft spot for the big TW, shes getting on in years and is a bit tired these days but still puts in very useful days work.

There might not be a blue sky but that cloud does give the pictures a certain atmosphere that indicates a catchy harvest, I like it. Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks Eurodeere, appreciate the kind comments, it certainly has been a stop start affair over the last few days and by around 3pm it had started to rain and the fields are now completely soaked again. I should have loads more photographs on the way of quite a variety of machines hopefully when the weather improves again.

Lovely pictures there lad,nice to see older machines still at work ;)

Thanks Painter, really appreciated. Managing to get a few half decent working shots of the TF and TW together was pretty much my holy grail before harvest started, knowing how close to home they were, however i'm now aware of a few other interesting harvest combinations that don't live too far away, hope to capture a few more really soon.

very nice pictures mate :)

Thanks Pete, appreciated.

excellant pictures  ;):) that TF is a real stunner ;) , is this a fair sized farm ??? ???

Thanks Peter, fully agree it's a proper beast and I much prefer the sight of it to any of the more modern curvier CX and CR machines. :)

keep them coming :D its supriseing how many off those old samrones are still alive and kicking ;)

When it drys out again should have plenty more to follow Peter.  ;) Their Sambron is a very useful machine, it's due to be fully re-pinned and get new bushes at the end of the year, no sign of replacing it just yet. Here's the last few from yesterday's little tour.

Not long before rain stopped play and just over the other side of the lane on another big block of land from where the harvesting was taking place the farm's Ford 7840 SL was pressed into service to load this Daf CF curtain sided artic with big square bales that had been done the evening before, destination, a big livestock farm out towards Harrogate.

DSC04754.jpg

DSC04759.jpg

DSC04756.jpg

DSC04757.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

DSC04766.jpg

what tractors do they run 6530,tw25  and 7840 ...what else

Hi tractorbob, they also run a JCB Fastrac 1135 4WS which when I was there yesterday was sat in one of the sheds on rowcrops with a Knight de-mount sprayer on the back. Holme Farm is one of two owned by a family company which is run by some really good friends of mine. They've always tended to run a mix of older second hand machines and farm fabricated/modified equipment. The last time I took photographs of the big TF up there around 6 years they also had a very tidy Case IH 956XL and previous to that ran a Renault 120.14 and a pair of Ford 9600s, the TW-25 however has been there almost since new.

Here's the 956XL that has since been moved on.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/walterderwent/Case956XL3.jpg

The Fastrac.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/walterderwent/JCB11354WS2.jpg

i ave the ertl 956 in model form ..its one of my nicest after the 1690s

Wouldn't mind finding an Ertl 956XL for my own collection at some point Tractorbob, i'm still aware of a couple of real machines working in the area, hope to find them to photograph at some point.

Nce selection  of photos David. I must admit I have never seen a curtainsider being loaded with bales before. Mostly carted on flats in my neck of the woods.

Thanks Bill, had a fanstastic day, it's the first time i've seen curtainsider being loaded with bales too, certainly keeps them dry in this weather at the moment. :)

"Rain stopped play."

Went for a little walk up this rather wet field of O.S.R to find a baby New Holland TX62 parked up waiting for some dry weather to complete the task in hand. It had worked well into last evening but I was already ensconsed down my local liberally topping up on the units when I was told of it's whereabouts. I should have some working shots of this machine in the next few days if the weather relents.

DSC04773.jpg

DSC04771.jpg

DSC04775.jpg

DSC04774.jpg

TF46, what a monster! Glad you got out there to capture the action, I really must put mine uip now.  :)

Capped to bits to have found the time to photograph the machine in full flight Tris, even more so with the TW-25 in it's presence too. Stock take is coming to an end at work so i've a little bit of time off in lieu next week and more chance to get out and about, hopefully the weather will improve so I can find lots of other machines working. New Holland machines tend to make up a fair majority of the harvesters run around here with New Holland dealers Russells having major coverage of the area and Robert D Webster over to the east.

Really looking forward to having a decent nosey at your photographs Tris :) 

Archived