Walter Derwent's Harvest Action

The Tractor Twitcher

Some nice action there David.

Very nice pictures and some very decent machinery as well mate  ;)

Thanks Pete, appreciated, had a lot of fun over the last week or so, hoping to find a few more on my travels in the next few days, weather permitting. I'd like to find some other makes and models too before harvest has finished, I've been made aware of a Deutz Fahr Topliner 4075 and a pair of S690 machines and an older Case IH 1680 Axial Flow, I reckon I have a 2 to 3 week window before it's all cleared. :)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little bit of action I caught up with on the way home from work today, comprising of an old International 955 sat on the sidelines, whilst busy baling was this New Holland TS 100A and John Deere 582.

DSC05564.jpg

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05529.jpg

DSC05560.jpg

However at the centre of my attention was this nice R plate John Deere 2256, firstly seen unloading into a trailer pulled by a JCB telescopic loader.......

DSC05527.jpg

DSC05536.jpg

Good luck mate

Cant wait to see that Case IH 1680 Axial Flow  :o :o

Thanks Pete, really hope I can find it to photograph, I haven't seen one in the flesh for a few years now, it's supposed to live on a farm not far from where I found the baby John Deere 1450 CWS. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the pressures of work since I got back from Leeds Music Festival i've contrived to miss rather a lot of the remaining harvest action around the area I live with the lens. However there's still a few fields out there still to be knocked down so hopefully I might yet capture a few more before harvest has completely finished.

In between the two working days I attented today I found this Deutz S690 lurking in a half finished field of Beans.

DSC05821.jpg

DSC05820.jpg

DSC05822.jpg

Some very nice shots there David especially the JD ones and the emptying of the grain on the move, So much nicer to watch and see instead of watching a combine stop and fill up a trailer which is't even attached to a tractor.

Some very nice shots there David especially the JD ones and the emptying of the grain on the move, So much nicer to watch and see instead of watching a combine stop and fill up a trailer which is't even attached to a tractor.

Thanks Bill, appreciated, very pleased to have captured the pair of John Deeres together, i'd been aware of the tractor for some time so to find it alongside the matching combine was a very nice bonus. Couldn't agree more the sight of of a tractor and trailer being filled on the move make for some decent photographic opportunities.

That Deutz must be very rare. Good to see anyway thanks David.

Your welcome although i've just realised Colm I probably deserve a numpty for mis-model numbering the Deutz Fahr combine. It's a 5690 not S690 and as far as i'm aware there's 3 or 4 of them that live in close proximity of each other about 10 to 15 miles away from me. :)

nice pictures there love the one of the 955 intey great tractor lovely whistle from the engine if only they made them like that still 8) 8)

Thanks Flash 600, appreciated, they do make a fanstastic noise, unfortunately I never got hear this one as it had broken down (didn't ask why) which is why they were using the JCB on the other trailer. :)

Very nice pictures you have made there.

Texas

Thank you Baz, appreciated. :)

• 2 months later...

Well, I started this thread with photographs of a top of the range rotary combine harvester from yesteryear and i'll end this year's action with a range topping rotary combine from the present, a Challenger 680B.

I've held back posting photographs of this machine at the request and wishes of the of the driver I spoke to who was demonstrating the machine at the time. However this one and a slightly higher houred sister machine have now both come up for sale with combine harvester dealer Kevin Kirby, so I thought i'd share a few of the photographs I took on here:

http://www.kevinkirby.com/mf15.htm

Stumbling across this machine quite by chance has easily been the highlight of my harvest travels this year Witnessing it's performance was mightly impressive, i've never seen trailers filled so fast, in fact they could hardly keep up with it's appetite.

DSC05471.jpg

DSC05472-1.jpg

DSC05495.jpg

DSC05497.jpg

DSC05502.jpg

DSC05504.jpg

i didn't think we would get any of those

i thought we would just get the massey version

From what I can gather this and another were on demonstration/evaluation this year, but apparently AGCO have no plans to offer this combine over here as they are focusing their attention on the hybrid machine instead. The Challenger livery is certainly very pleasing on the eye. :)

What a find :)  got to agree the Challenger livery is very pleasing on the eye 8)

Couldn't quite believe my luck or eyes when I found it Mark, especially so close to home :). Without wishing to sound disrespectful to the MF livery, brand or the "massive" had it been badged up in "Fergy" colours I reckon I wouldn't have taken quite as much notice of it, I'd have still photographed it though. :)

• 7 months later...

Archived