Walter Derwent's Harvest Action

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top notch camera work, David. Especially right on the crest of the hill, awesome combine the 'ol TX36.

Thanks Tris, appreciated. I discovered just how unfit I was chasing up the length of that climb several times over, well worth it though had a very enjoyable evening in the company of a combine from my favourite era. :)

Great pictures you have made, like the challenger with the Mc Cormick.

Texas

SWEET, great pictures, would love to see one of those challengers around here, not sure if there is even one in Holland  :'(

Thanks for your very kind comments Bas and Erik. The Challenger was definitely my most exciting machinery find last year and it's performance was very impressive to witness. :)

Great photos again, David. Captured that Lexion very well.

I must say, although we chatted at length about the Challenger I must not let those photos pass without comment. A lucky find indeed, an awesome machine too as you saw. I was lucky enough to drive on as you know, the earlier 660 in Kansas and boy did she want to go. You could not get the stuff in fast enough! I would have loved to have been able to try one in wheat thought. Did they ever sell in this country or were they both exported? You must find out  :) :) :)

Great photos again, David. Captured that Lexion very well.

I must say, although we chatted at length about the Challenger I must not let those photos pass without comment. A lucky find indeed, an awesome machine too as you saw. I was lucky enough to drive on as you know, the earlier 660 in Kansas and boy did she want to go. You could not get the stuff in fast enough! I would have loved to have been able to try one in wheat thought. Did they ever sell in this country or were they both exported? You must find out  :) :) :)

Thanks Tris, appreciated. Enjoyed finding the big Lexion this morning and nice to discover a different model to capture compared to the two I photographed last summer. Something i'm quite keen to do is not to repeat myself too much this year, although I am planning a trip to see the big TF46 direct cutting oilseed rape with it's alternative and much modified Deutz Fahr header. Without question my luckiest and most smile broadening machinery find to date was the big Challenger. It's appetite particularly with it's Powerflow table was incredible and i've never seen trailers filled so fast. It would appear the one I found and it's sister are both still listed for sale in this country on Kevin Kirby's website. :)

Super pictures David the weather looks decent down your way, getting me in harvest mood now  ;)  - just have to be patient up here.......

Thanks Martin, delighted with how some of my most recent efforts have turned out.  :)  It really is all action around here now after the weather took a turn for the better during the middle of the week, although showers are forecast for tommorow.

nice pictures david i really love this time of year when everyones harvesting

Thank you Jack. Fully agree with you, for a keen amateur machinery photographer such as myself the farming landscape really is a great place to be at harvest time. :)

From a McCormick tractor which are a relatively common sight to my final harvesting find from today, under greying skies a rather uncommon ( certainly to my eyes ) McCormick combine harvester, a badge engineered Laverda / Agco family machine. Whilst leading quickly and efficiently away were a pair of John Deere 6930 Premium tractors.

DSC07863.jpg

DSC07824.jpg

DSC07822.jpg

DSC07852.jpg

DSC07855.jpg

DSC07860.jpg

tidy pictures as always david, i am surprised uh have not decals the activa / fendt comnines into a mcmorick give they do the tractors already, wasnt even aware they sold badged combines to be honest

Thanks Sean, appreciated. The only other occaision that i've seen the McCormick badged combines were in their own company trade adverts in magazines alongside badge engineered balers too. By the sounds of it the deal to market these combines as McCormicks didn't last long. In fact the owner of this machine even has a complete set of Laverda stickers / decals right down to the centre circle of the steering wheel provided to him by the dealer when when the agreement between manufacturers finished.

Great pictures David, I have never seen a Mcormick combine before, it looks quite smart. Talking about matching combines and tractors i saw a nice JD set up just up the road from me, but as usual no time to even stop and take pictures. There are acres and acres of wheat fields all within walking cycling distance from me but I never seem to be able to get any pictures, Im always busy at work or doing someting, there is even a huge field opposite my workshop, thats always cultivated every year by a mint looking FW60. Have I ever got any pictures? Have I hell. >:( >:(

Great pictures David, I have never seen a Mcormick combine before, it looks quite smart. Talking about matching combines and tractors i saw a nice JD set up just up the road from me, but as usual no time to even stop and take pictures. There are acres and acres of wheat fields all within walking cycling distance from me but I never seem to be able to get any pictures, Im always busy at work or doing someting, there is even a huge field opposite my workshop, thats always cultivated every year by a mint looking FW60. Have I ever got any pictures? Have I hell. >:( >:(

Thanks James, appreciated. You're perhaps more likely to see the McCormick in Massey Ferguson clothes badged as an Activa. To all intents and purposes though it's a Laverda that's changed it's name by deed poll, must say I really like livery too. I'm still awaiting to find my first John Deere combine of 2010.  I'm very keen to make the most of any spare time I have ( weather permitting ) to persue one of my favourite hobbies, especially at this time of year. I tend to finish work most days around 5pm and always have a change of clothes and my camera fully charged up with me just in case I see anything on the way home. At the moment i'd rather put fuel in my car than beer in my belly, you never know what you might find around the next corner. :) 

Now David that last post does it for me 8) 8)

Some beautiful machines there - you really do capture the rarities from the Challenger and Deutz last year to that McCormick now.

Keep it up - like Mart I am waiting too although some are out in WB today and have been cutting yesterday!

Now David that last post does it for me 8) 8)

Some beautiful machines there - you really do capture the rarities from the Challenger and Deutz last year to that McCormick now.

Keep it up - like Mart I am waiting too although some are out in WB today and have been cutting yesterday!

Thanks Colm, it was great to find the older classic Clayson hard at work this morning, really enjoyed taking the time to capture it. I've been very fortunate to find some of the machines i've posted in my thread such as the McCormick and i'm very keen to keep searching for more over the course of the summer to photograph. :)

Clayson 1540  :of

My Dad drove one when i was a nipper, no cab though!

He had to wear a helmet that was airconditioned, made him look like a storm trooper  :)

Anymore pictures of it?

Archived