Walter Derwent's Harvest Action

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice combines David  :)

And that 4900 just rules mate  :) :)

Thanks Pete, had my camera battery lasted a little longer i'd have had photographs of a least three other New Holland machines an 8070, TX32 and the big TF46 harvesting O.S.R, if the weather stays good i'll be out tommorow evening aswell hopefully.  ;)

It's a beast of a baler Pete, not many of that size around here, mostly "Quadrant" sized being used.

some nice shots mate. also good to see some tractors from classic at work

Thanks Pete, i've known the family for a while now and was capped to bits their fleet was profiled in Classic Tractor, made me even more determined capture some action shots of their fleet this summer. :)

More great pictures there mate, those Fergie 81's are brutes........ :o

Thanks Martin, your not wrong there mate, the big 8160s are very impressive workhorses the noise coming from the one on the big Hesston was fantastic :)

nice pictures david, some crackers there, never seen a nh 8000 combine with a black reel before mind only the nh yellow???

Thanks Sean, appreciated mate. I've seen a few on dealer's websites in the past with black reels but i'm unsure whether that's their original colour or if they've been repainted. There's quite a few 8000 series machines operating round here and they all have yellow reels.

some cracking pictures there mate,those big masseys really look  the part ;)

Thanks Painter, had a really good afternoon seeing them all within two fields of each other. Looking forward to going back when they start ploughing and drilling with the pair of 8160s. :)

what a collection :o you've got some superb shots again ;):), lets hope you manage same again tommorrow

Thanks Peter, appreciated, had a really good afternoon. If the weather holds up and I get finished work in decent enough time i'll definitely be searching for a few more to add to this little lot. :)

Some great pictures there Walter. Nice to see classic combines in action, i think they look far better than the big modern machines. Keep on snapping.

tractorman314.

Thanks Tractorman314, appreciate your kind comments. Being brought up as a "young un" in the '80s I do have a soft spot for both tractors and combines harvesters from this era and much prefer the styling of combines from this generation. That said, I reckon the Claas Lexion looks the best of all the modern machines. :)

From visiting a farm yesterday running a fleet of Fergy tractors alongside a New Holland combine to today's action from a farm that has forever farmed with Massey Ferguson harvesters and Ford, latterly New Holland tractors.

The machine I went to see was this very tidy Massey Ferguson 40 Auto Level the farm has ran for the last 5 years, I managed to capture the machine just before the heavens opened. Unfortunately I didn't get any action of the farm's tuned up TM130 running alongside as I was sat comfortably in the cab of the Massey watching from the inside.

If the weather returns to something like decent tommorow i'm heading over to take more photographs of this machine on some much, much steeper land. The farm also runs a New Holland TM120 and a recently purchased teracotta M135 which i'm quite keen to photograph as i've never seen one this colour in the flesh before.

DSC05266.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

DSC05268.jpg

DSC05271.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

Another day, another evening spent under some ominous looking clouds and another make of combine to photograph.

After discovering it was too wet at the farm where i'd seen the MF 40 yesterday I decided to head a little closer to the coast and found this very smart '03 plate John Deere 1450 CWS knocking down wheat between the showers. For the second day running I also got to have a ride along with a very friendly chap who was hoping the rain would set in enough so they could stop as his wife's baby was due any second. He also told me the whereabouts of some other combines he knows of, so tommorow if the weather stays good after work i'm Cerea and Lexion chasing. :)

DSC05312.jpg

DSC05301.jpg

DSC05314.jpg

DSC05315.jpg

DSC05333.jpg

DSC05329.jpg

Late yesterday afternoon I took a little trip onto the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds and managed to catch up with a pair of modern monsters and the small matter of this John Deere 8330 and 9 furrow reversible Kverneland. The driver was a very friendly bloke and told me they also have a Fendt 936 which is used as the main drilling tractor.

However I was even more pleased when he told me about the farm's Claas Lexion 600 TT and that it was working just a couple of miles up the road, which I managed to find.

First up the big Deere:

DSC05358.jpg

DSC05359.jpg

DSC05360.jpg

DSC05361.jpg

DSC05363.jpg

DSC05368.jpg

Archived