Walter Derwent's Harvest Action

The Tractor Twitcher

as allways David,very smart pictures,very nice

Thanks ever so much Paul. As i've mentioned in the harvest topic on here, i've really enjoyed exploring an area i've never really ventured to before with my camera. Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can head out again with my camera. :)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi david was them 2 Claas out near me  at all mate ???  just looks like a set up my way , i ve seen them 2 N/H last few years so  glad youve manger to  snap  them    + looking good so far

Hi david was them 2 Claas out near me  at all mate ???  just looks like a set up my way , i ve seen them 2 N/H last few years so  glad youve manger to  snap  them    + looking good so far

They certainly were Jon. Just before you got to Eastoft. It's onlyt short ride along the M18 / M62 to Goole so i'm definitely hoping capturing a few more combines in that direction. The two New Holland CR980 combines belong to Martinsons at Howden. Very keen to photograph more of their fleet. Especially as they run no less than four TF78 Elektra machines aswell. :)

Fantastic photograpy as usual David - You could probably get a book full of your work published !

Nice find the 1455, bet it sounded nice :)

Thank you so much Mark. Still treating it as a very enjoyable amateur hobby at the moment......a book would certainly be nice though at some point in the future. The external hard drive I use to back up all my action packed finds now contains around 50,000 images from the last five years of taking photographs of machinery at work. :) 

Certainly looking forward to a lot more trips out over harvest. Given my current location i'm hoping to take in Nottinghamshire and Northern Lincolnshire aswell as returning to the Yorkshire Wolds and the Vale of Pickering / York. :)

My smile certainly broadened when the 1455XL arrived in the field. Fantastic sounding tractor. :)

you've definitely got a book in you David - maybe a series.  I saw a few combines today but didn't have a camera with me.  In particular a Fiatagri/Laverda 3750 I wished I had seen more of. Would head out tomorrow, but have promised to meet a good friend who I haven't seen for a long while!

Hi  David ,  the set up near Eastoft farm land all the way back too Swinfleet  so you should see them a bit  , they have a quadtrack  & an older big IH tractor  as well so keep youre eyes out , yep the contractors at Howden run some combines thats for sure too  usally do most of the combine work here around the Goole area   

you've definitely got a book in you David - maybe a series.  I saw a few combines today but didn't have a camera with me.  In particular a Fiatagri/Laverda 3750 I wished I had seen more of. Would head out tomorrow, but have promised to meet a good friend who I haven't seen for a long while!

Thank you for the encouragement Joe. I certainly quite like the idea of a record of some of the photographs i've taken in the medium of a book. I'd love to capture some older Laverda's at work as i've yet to find any on my travels....modern badge engineered McCormick aside. Hoping to be out tommorow evening on the harvest trail if I can get finished work in good time. :)

Hi  David ,  the set up near Eastoft farm land all the way back too Swinfleet  so you should see them a bit  , they have a quadtrack  & an older big IH tractor  as well so keep youre eyes out , yep the contractors at Howden run some combines thats for sure too  usally do most of the combine work here around the Goole area   

I'd certainly like to visit them again if I have the chance Jon, and i'm very keen to plan a visit to see the contractor with all of the New Holland combines. It's very impressive and diverse fleet of New Hollands they run from older TX and TF machines up to the more modern CX and CR variations. Certainly looking forward to another trip around Howden and Goole. :) 

Nice shots again David! Don't forget the classic combines ey ;)

Thanks ever so much Niels. I found an older classic today in the shape of a Massey Feguson 565 aswell as a combine i've been trying to track down since I started chasing after all the different variations out there...............a New Holland TF78 Elektra! :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  

Well after some fantastic photographic trips out recently the local lurgy that's going around has finally struck me down so no combine chasing tonight despite the lovely weather surrounding me. However a night in on the Beechams and Ibuprophen has at least given me an opportunity to take stock of some my most recent harvest finds and the chance to sort through a few of my photographs.

Starting with this Claas Tucano 480 knocking down wheat near the village of Great Limber in North Lincolnshire on 10/08/2013.

P1340510_zps1a774cf4.jpg

P1340524_zps611ee2a8.jpg

P1340531_zps3a725a98.jpg

P1340554_zpsda652060.jpg

P1340555_zpsd188a697.jpg

P1340556_zps760b6856.jpg

My main reason for heading over to Great Limber on August 10th was to photograph this John Deere S670i combine after a "tip off" from a good friend. It's the first John Deere combine i've photographed on tracks and was being supported by a slightly older 9880i STS in harvesting this massive block of O.S.R.

P1340562_zps4a9c0ed2.jpg

P1340564_zps283b5c13.jpg

P1340565_zps18094245.jpg

P1340568_zps108487ff.jpg

Archived