Spalding Show April 2010

robbo

I traveled from Stanstead last year and most likely will do that this year too.. as Marky said, it is quite a easy way to Spalding from there and the car rental companies are very quick as it only took me half an hour to get off the plane, get my bags, and drive off in my rental.. :)

Excellent Will that is what I like to hear as am doing a car hire over there soon - have no bags to collect so should be much quicker :D

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw what a shame, get on the blower marky tell them to move cheffins sale to the sat before spalding, then he can make a weekend of it

Yes next Cheffins Sean if everything goes well.

Won't be April this year but maybe over in October depending on how things go as no Agritechnia this year.

Forgive me if someone has already given this info, (but I didn't want to go all through the post), but where's the nearest international airport?

In addition to Stansted;

Humberside (Kirmington)(http://www.humbersideairport.com/huyweb.nsf/Content/Home) has a daily scheduled KLM flight to and from Amsterdam (Schipol)

East Midlands (Castle Donington)(http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/emaweb.nsf#70) has a daily Ryanair flight to and from Berlin and Dublin, and Paris and Brussels by BMI and scheduled (but not daily or regular) flights to and from Belfast and Rome, amongst others.

Both the above are about an hour or so from Spalding (at legal speeds  ;) )

The only trouble with East Midlands is the country routes across into Lincolnshire. I think Ive tried just about every route possible and the best time was just over an hour. If you get stuck behind the wrong vehicle, it can be well over double that.

My vote is still with Stanstead... M11, A14, A1... 2 lanes,,, 3 lanes... 2 lanes.... 4 lanes  :of  2 lanes (Peterborough parkway)... only a bit of single lane stuff... and that's nice and straight in most places to rip past people  ;D

And even more points on the licence  ::) ::)::) ::)::)

The only trouble with East Midlands is the country routes across into Lincolnshire. I think Ive tried just about every route possible and the best time was just over an hour. If you get stuck behind the wrong vehicle, it can be well over double that.

Like a tractor?  ::)  :laugh:

I to think Stanstead would be the best, as said the cross country road can be tiresome and you could get lost if your not sure, the cameras on the A14 are all average ones now so there are no suprises. The only downside is I think Stanstead is a poxy airport, east midlands is much nicer.

[glow=red,2,300]And even more points on the licence[/glow]  ::) ::)::) ::)::)

Ouch that hurt  :of    never going to happen to me again on the way there as im gettin accomadation this year

i had to go back to northamptonshire police a month later to do a speed workshop

course ... never done speeding ever since

My vote is still with Stanstead... M11, A14, A1... 2 lanes,,, 3 lanes... 2 lanes.... 4 lanes  :of  2 lanes (Peterborough parkway)... only a bit of single lane stuff... and that's nice and straight in most places to rip past people  ;D

I was only adding a some suggestions.  In fact, i think you will probably find that timewise there isn't much to choose between travelling from any of the three (especially early on a Sunday morning  ;) )