UH New Releases 2010

AJH

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what we're seeing is the result Simon long may it continue........ :P  ;)

I agree mart!

Anyone seen the cab for this 7810? I just had catkom send me a pm. ..... it's an LP cab on the image  ???

When SEM first designed the 7810 (7910 engine in 7610 chassis) they made three prototypes, one with a LP cab and one with SQ cab and both had four-wheel drive and ZF frontaxles. Another prototype was a two-wheel drive and less cab. A pre build tractor for the 1987 Smithfield show had a Carraro frontaxle and a SQ-cab on it.

The production version was launched in March 1987.

That's interesting, and if it is the LP cabbed version that will disappoint many people, ie those of us who drove SQ cabbed 7810's.... I don't think the production model was ever even available as a LP / AP was it.... ???

Maybe the one Tris saw is just the pre-production version!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I agree mart!

That's interesting, and if it is the LP cabbed version that will disappoint many people, ie those of us who drove SQ cabbed 7810's.... I don't think the production model was ever even available as a LP / AP was it.... ???

Maybe the one Tris saw is just the pre-production version!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

On the other hand, if they have botched the cab:

a) We have a proper six-cylinder 7810 that can have a Britains super-Q cab put on it and

B) an LP cab for series 10 conversions

;D

ok sorry, but whats the difference between the ap and lp cabs then?? only one i can see is the roof level? ??? and that 2wd one looks very american, but also good for 2wd convos for the guys out there

having said that i can't see uh passing up the options to do a q and super q cabbed version in the future to be honest, they may well do the range,

Only the sq cab was ever available on 7810 in the UK. It was the 7610 & below that offered cab variations.  If UH cock this up it will be a massive own goal!!!

I will definately buy the NH6020 but the 7810 must have the sq cab and be blue not silver!!  By the way if we are being picky the best 7810s were the 1992 "J" plated generation3 model with smarter front wheelhubs snazzy black rubber rear mudguard extensions and black moulded roof lights instead of white ;D  but hey 1987 gen2 with sq & 4wd will be grovellingly appreciated :)

were any of those Fendt Favorit 626 LSA's ever used in the U.K

Yes, but I would think you could count them on one hand.

A 7810 with LP cab would be a conversion heaven with all possible combinations of tractors that could be made, even three cylinder tractors.

The 7910 was built for the french market, like the MF 592 and Deere 3030. 7710 and 7910 tractors were much better than the 7610/7810 for their cooling abilities, even if they did look ungainly.

Ford 7810 is about a foot longer than a 7610 so a conversion will require a hacksaw as well as a decal change ;D

New Holland T6020 could also be a cab variant as the most popular loader version appears to be the 6020 LS which has a bog standard low profile cab which actually looks rather nice :)  the loader itself is available in standard black and also marvelous NH blue special order which looks the mutts nuts so please let this be the option UH have chosen.

I am so pleased that finally we are getting some interesting NH variants from ROS & UH instead of endless Claas & Valtras :-X  as far as im concerned they cant release enough detailed basildon blue models old or new ;)

it will be like the hashup with the MF 135 wrong seat ect if they use the SEKURA cab

lets face it everyone thinks of a 7810 with super bubble cab not AP or LP

although AP would open the door for convos like the 4610 3610 etc

u take those doors off and you have a cab for deeres DBs and IHs aswell

Not true, as the doors open the wrong way!

Its UH not RC2/Britains, it will be a tense wait for the model to arrive, may even be a 7610 thats being made?

But as stated the 135 and 5000 plus many of the classic 1/16 UH models have detail inaccuracies, not major c**kups I accept.

it will be like the hashup with the MF 135 wrong seat ect if they use the SEKURA cab

lets face it everyone thinks of a 7810 with super bubble cab not AP or LP

I  believe the 135 was commissioned by Agco to reflect replacements parts fitted to a tractor under their older machine genuine parts programme. So while it's wrong on so many levels and is not a standard UK production spec machine, it is factory in a funny sort of way.

The LP cabbed 7810 was a prototype only so I think it highly unlikely UH would knock that out....

Main visual difference between AP & LP by the way is the ventilation on the bluff front face of the roof panel... Did the LP's have a low mounted fan / heater box inside the cab? The AP has a roof panel of similar overall thickness to the SQ, albeit square all round, the LP is just a rain cover really!

what ever version they do of the ford will sell, and i bet if its wrong cabbed then we can sort it between us convo wise, what we need to remember is they have to sell euro wide, so the ap/lp cab may well have sold better over say france or germany than here? i bet the 6020 an mf aint 100  % uk spec

I  believe the 135 was commissioned by Agco to reflect replacements parts fitted to a tractor under their older machine genuine parts programme. So while it's wrong on so many levels and is not a standard UK production spec machine, it is factory in a funny sort of way.

The LP cabbed 7810 was a prototype only so I think it highly unlikely UH would knock that out....

Main visual difference between AP & LP by the way is the ventilation on the bluff front face of the roof panel... Did the LP's have a low mounted fan / heater box inside the cab? The AP has a roof panel of similar overall thickness to the SQ, albeit square all round, the LP is just a rain cover really!

As romantic as that story sounds.. sadly it's not true... the 135 was a balls up plain as... it was measured at banner lane before the collection was disbanded... it had no place in the museum collection but MF had nowhere to keep it.  Its the same as the 35x which was also measured in the same place - PAVT wheels stick out like a sore thumb to anyone who knows even the basics of MF models... but they were fitted to the first model built, which is the one which UH measured and photographed - that tractor is now on loan to the Coldridge collection.

The 135 was bought back by MF from a farm in Devon I believe... and given the 10+ treatment.  UH thought they were measuring an authentic tractor.