New Balers

Bill Walters

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Holland hay equipment has been red and yellow since their inception. Only recently has CNH changed the New Holland hay equipment to the yellow color for the Euro market. Does anyone know why they changed? Seems strange they would spend money on painting the same machine two different colors for no obvious reason.

very nice bill,i see ihp mentioned it,but will we be seeing any after sales packs of bales for these? just a shame you only get one bale for them,prehaps a box like the small square bales/or round bales that they sell here in the uk,but for the new balers would be a welcome addition to the range and a great seller too,just a thought

My friend had a yellow D1000 on a 1989 year, thats not that recent!!. I guess it's just a stunt to bring in more interest. Like rebranding.

You are right. I just did a search and found a pic of one. What I do know is that New Holland did not paint their hay equipment that is produced in the US yellow. Now you can go by the assembly plant and see lines of yellow and lines of red equipment. This all happened just a couple years ago. Who made the D1000? Was it a New Holland item or did they rebrand another make? Also, do you know where it was built?

I think it's more than that, I think they're making a conscious effort to separate the North American market from the rest of the world, and will either sell that line or else sell only CIH there and NH everywhere else. Being honest, I think it's sillier to have two identical balers in red albeit with different secondary colours, as NH and CIH do in North America than to have the same balers in different colours for different parts of the world. I know it's not the same but look at Deere, what we know as the high 6020 series models are the low 7020 models in NA

Bill, will the yellow baler have white wheels when it goes into full production ? Still be purchasing these balers though. Many Thanks to you Bill !

I assume it will, that was the first thing I noticed too! It was probably just easier to use the chassis of the red NH for the prototypes

Yes, the wheels for the yellow version will be white.  That's why we get in pre-production samples.  We try to catch those things before production.

If you remember, NH combines have always been yellow.  Maybe they're trying to get their non-tractor lines standardized on one color?

The bale is new as well.  I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to get more at some point.

Glad you like it.

Bill

Hi Denis, you have some good points and for all we know it could be what is happening. But if CNH is trying to drop NH from North America then why change the colors for the European markets? I wonder if they will adjust the Case-IH brand also eventually. As it is right now the Case-IH tractors and equipment are the same. They are just a crazy company but hopefully they have a plan.

Bill, you are correct in regards to recent years. But all the New Holland haying equipment (except for recently and the D1000 deere-est pointed out) has always been red and yellow. Even the current New Holland self propelled swathers are red and yellow (as I am sure you know). It never made sense why they would want to change. Maybe next time you talk to the CNH folks you can ask them for me. I can see the point of having yellow combines to make them stand out from MF and Case-IH but the rest doesn't make sense (well at least to my simple mind). Oh well, Have fun and great work on these new balers. They will be added to my collection as soon as they are released.

wullie? ;D

LM MODELS

THIS IS YOUR SECOND WARNING R.E FTF RULES AND GUIDLINES  - SPAMMING AND POINTLESS POSTING

FUTURE BREACHES OF THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN POSTING PRIVILEGES REMOVED.

REGARDS

ADMIN