North American 5000 Ford

I thought I would show you guys this North American style 5000 that I built last year. I put the Hiniker cab on and Altered the front wheels for track width.

I resisted the temptation to fit a steering Axel from the JD as it would spoil the Ford look I wanted.

I made the light pods on the front/ grab handles, the drawbar and  PTO shaft /guard from brass also brass was used to fill the back of the cab and the floor in where needed to get a good fit.

The hitch was cut and moved nearer to the back of the tractor. The JD steering wheel was fitted and the original lights where moved and re fitted on the cab also a new grill was made without the lights in  .

This is the first really serious cut and shut model I have done on a Britains in the last 10 years and I am working on several other versions of the North American  000 series at the moment  and will post pictures as and when I can.

So what do you think. :)

Regards Robert

post-1020-132639248746_thumb.jpg

It's a long-term plan of mine to buy an Autodrome 8000 and put one of those cabs on, never seem to get around to it though!

Yes This was a project that I had thought about for a while then I sat down every night for a week and did it. The big problem is doing the first one and then thinking what you will do different on the next one. Believe me my next ones are going to be a lot different.

The other thing is that if a guy screws up cutting the cab or donor model to fit it can be expensive.

Good luck with it and post us some pictures please :)

Very smart conversion and great use of the Hiniker cab. You only have to look at some of the older John Deeres and Olivers, etc across the pond to appreciate the Hiniker looks very well proportioned on the Ford. A friend of mine owns a John Deere 80 tractor fitted with an earlier cab with wardrobe like doors at the back. It looks like someone has plonked a skyscraper on top of the tractor in comparison to the later Hiniker, lovely work Robert. :) 

Thanks for all the great comments :) It will inspire me to Finnish some of the other models that are in Progress. I was not sure how posting my work on here was going to go as there are alot of guys out there that are miles ahead of me. Im pleased I did now and should of done it 2 years ago ;)

Regards Robert   

That looks good, i saved a picture on my computer of the real thing  ;)

Thanks for the post and picture :) That one is a pre force high clearance long wheel based row crop I believe. That is the style of 2 of the others that are works in progress at the moment. My model is just the standard ford force version.

Regards Robert

Thanks for the post and picture :) That one is a pre force high clearance long wheel based row crop I believe. That is the style of 2 of the others that are works in progress at the moment. My model is just the standard ford force version.

Regards Robert

Hope to see the pictures of the high clearance version soon. That is one of my favourite tractors.