What's your latest new Brochure or manual.. list them here...

9 minutes ago, 844john said:

Yes, that's top of my wants list, just struggling to track one down that's either in this country or I don't need to sell a kidney to get it!

Plenty of lambs running about?

Has Stephen Moate at Japonica press not got a copy John? he's usually great to deal with

3 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Has Stephen Moate at Japonica press not got a copy John? he's usually great to deal with

I had a look on his website Paul and there's nothing listed, but maybe it might be worth sending him an email, we've also bought a fair bit from him at shows over the years and you're right he seems a canny bloke

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

I had a look on his website Paul and there's nothing listed, but maybe it might be worth sending him an email, we've also bought a fair bit from him at shows over the years and you're right he seems a canny bloke

Id say Stephen is a likely suspect John, aye he certainly a canny bloke, he became a member of the cake fan club many years ago, always bit of fun at the HEMS show at Burnley between himself and Andy over who gets the most cake.... once you break the ice he's good to deal and have a bit of a laugh with. To be fair it took a bit as we from this side of the hill and he always asks to see my passport if i catch up with him at a show in Yorkshire....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Id say Stephen is a likely suspect John, aye he certainly a canny bloke, he became a member of the cake fan club many years ago, always bit of fun at the HEMS show at Burnley between himself and Andy over who gets the most cake.... once you break the ice he's good to deal and have a bit of a laugh with. To be fair it took a bit as we from this side of the hill and he always asks to see my passport if i catch up with him at a show in Yorkshire....

Thanks Paul, I've sent him a message, should of mentioned the cake!;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, I've sent him a message, should of mentioned the cake!;)

Hahah that would get him a bit wound up John... he be missing out so far with no shows on and when we last see him down at Shepton and Malvern  my mum had been suffering from and getting over a bad spell oh the Shingles so she hadnt sent cake for him... so if Hems is on this year he'll be absolutley ravenous hahaha

56 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Hahah that would get him a bit wound up John... he be missing out so far with no shows on and when we last see him down at Shepton and Malvern  my mum had been suffering from and getting over a bad spell oh the Shingles so she hadnt sent cake for him... so if Hems is on this year he'll be absolutley ravenous hahaha

I'll keep stum on the cake front then! Sorry to hear about your mum, I know shingles can be awful, hope she's feeling better now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Yes, that's top of my wants list, just struggling to track one down that's either in this country or I don't need to sell a kidney to get it!

Plenty of lambs running about?

Yes a big crop this year, it must have been green in November!

couple of old bamfords ones on the way ,  one for the fortifold discs set ,the other for a tume folding harrow, i remember a set of yellow  folding discs on the other farm my uncle run, never knew what make they were mind,as for the other ,it just looks different so may get a set made ,poss even both if the pics ect give me enough info  

1D5AF4F0-90D1-4CA9-9E21-91AFC494DFC9.png

34D4A1A7-38CB-4432-AFF5-867DE5E25575.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Get one on back of a County Jan.... be a right job :)

I've got some plans for these, Paul :) Already have some prototype work done via 3D printing for one of the smaller ones, but definetly going for a double drum one and front blade down the line!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Janval said:

I've got some plans for these, Paul :) Already have some prototype work done via 3D printing for one of the smaller ones, but definetly going for a double drum one and front blade down the line!

Good plan there Jan, like the sound of that :). Keep eye out for an old Britains FMV log trailer, pop wheels off and give it a spray with a bit of Satin black spray and she's spot on for a Botex trailer to go along with a County with Igland winch and blade, heres one i did to go with the 1174 

IMG_7928.thumb.JPG.c1ba2eff559fe08a41f0db9c66259b1f.JPG

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Good plan there Jan, like the sound of that :). Keep eye out for an old Britains FMV log trailer, pop wheels off and give it a spray with a bit of Satin black spray and she's spot on for a Botex trailer to go along with a County with Igland winch and blade, heres one i did to go with the 1174 

IMG_7928.thumb.JPG.c1ba2eff559fe08a41f0db9c66259b1f.JPG

I've been trying to ****** one up, but alas they have been too expensive with shipping and all. Might have to resort to a total scratch build!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a memory of talking to someone on the Range Rover stand at the World Ploughing Match in Rosegarland in 1981

Today I was doing a big tidy out and I found this brochure that I got on the day, with the price written on it. I now remember that's what I was talking to the guy about.

For reference, you could buy a nice 4 bed house for that money in 1981.

20200702_165154.jpg

• Like 5