CLASSIC TRACTOR JUNE 2010

Well June's Classic tractor has arrived and although I have just had a flick what I have seen I like

•  
  • Fleet profile on nashes

• Tracked tractors

• Collectors corner - 2 pages from Rory on Spalding

photos are

PDC - photos of his JD 3350 Case 14594

Andy Sewell 1/16 scale Taarup

DBP's 1/32 County 1164 prototype

Model tractor co - leyland 384

DBP models 2wd MF375

Seans Collins teleshift

Three oaks Farm models 12 ton AS Marston trailer

Dave Towse's Leyland 154

G&M originals David Brown VAK1

moz-screenshot-1.png:) Hi Bill,that DBP County 1164 prototype wouldn't be one of these

AndysCounty1164Pphoto.jpg

That's one of the photo's Andy took at Cheffins on Saturday,seem's there are a few guy's on FTF,would like to see it made as an FTF precision,me included,i shall need to go up to my paper shop and see if they have it in yet,doubt it though,

Regards

Joe.

moz-screenshot-1.png:) Hi Bill,that DBP County 1164 prototype wouldn't be one of these

*pic*

That's one of the photo's Andy took at Cheffins on Saturday,seem's there are a few guy's on FTF,would like to see it made as an FTF precision,me included,i shall need to go up to my paper shop and see if they have it in yet,doubt it though,

Regards

Joe.

The one in the picture is a 1184 TW though isn't it?

:-[:-[ Your absolutely correct,I was thinking of the picture in the March edition of Old Tractor magazine,which is the 1164P with the Perkins engine,which I think ::) ,is the only other County which is red with that style of bonnet  :-\

Regards

Joe.

:-[:-[ Your absolutely correct,I was thinking of the picture in the March edition of Old Tractor magazine,which is the 1164P with the Perkins engine,which I think ::) ,is the only other County which is red with that style of bonnet  :-\

Regards

Joe.

Dave already makes the 1184 TW though, so you should buy one of those and paint it!

Well June's Classic tractor has arrived and although I have just had a flick what I have seen I like

• Fleet profile on nashes
  • Tracked tractors
  • Collectors corner - 2 pages from Rory on Spalding

photos are

PDC - photos of his JD 3350 Case 14594

Andy Sewell 1/16 scale Taarup

DBP's 1/32 County 1164 prototype

Model tractor co - leyland 384

DBP models 2wd MF375

Seans Collins teleshift

Three oaks Farm models 12 ton AS Marston trailer

Dave Towse's Leyland 154

G&M originals David Brown VAK1

Wicked, I bought that  :) :)

Great read as usual this month. Only had a quick flick through so far, but one article definately caught my eye -

Really impressed with the JD 2850 thats been done up, looks a beauty.

I've got a mountain of issues that need to find a home, every one since issue 1 and the preview copy that came free with T & M. The Mrs is moaning about them being on top of my wardrobe, thing is I quite often look back through them trying to find an old article I want to read again. Looks like they'll be moving  out to the shed  ::)

MDFord, ref back issues, I know the feeling. Sundial Magazines have always sent me about 75 a month to distribute to people involved in the magazine. Usually about 50 get sent out, sometimes more, but I seem to have a massive stack of magazines now going back to the very early days of issues No.1 and No.2. I did purge a few some time ago but still have stacks and stacks.

An earlier poster mentioned the red County 1184 at Cheffins on 24 April. Excuse the plug but we've got the full story of this tractor in the next issue, a good 5-pager.

Plus our MF 390 makes its comeback, fully finished and looking good after an epic rebuild.

Glad you are all enjoying the latest issue and thanks for your support.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor

Great read as usual this month. Only had a quick flick through so far, but one article definately caught my eye -

Really impressed with the JD 2850 thats been done up, looks a beauty.

I've got a mountain of issues that need to find a home, every one since issue 1 and the preview copy that came free with T & M. The Mrs is moaning about them being on top of my wardrobe, thing is I quite often look back through them trying to find an old article I want to read again. Looks like they'll be moving  out to the shed  ::)

I've a huge pile back to the first one I bought in 2003 in my room too, good bog reading I find!

The red county is one of the last countys ever built.It was not built by County them selves but by the company they sold up to(name escapes me).Only a handfull were built and not many are left.I hope this wont make Rory mad but im sure his article will be much more intresting.

(Back to the magazine)

Was a great read as always.

Oh and rory ye dont have a photographer over at the ford and fordson expo in fermoy cork

Dear Blue Man

Thanks for the comments. You are absolutely right. The red County was built by County Tractors of Knighton who were owned by the Benson Group, who took over County Tractors of Fleet in late 1987.

We've done our homework on this model and spoken to former engineers, etc, although in the absence of any production records it's difficult to say exactly how many were made, give or take one or two.

Ref the Ford and Fordson expo, we've got a photographer and reporter at the event and will be running a report in the next issue, all being well.

Regards

R Day

Forgive me for being so cynical, but is Irish correspondent John Kearney any relation to the people involved in Kearney Bros, the Deutz-Fahr dealership that supplied all the tractors in his artcle? He seemed very complimentary of them  :D

Forgive me for being so cynical, but is Irish correspondent John Kearney any relation to the people involved in Kearney Bros, the Deutz-Fahr dealership that supplied all the tractors in his artcle? He seemed very complimentary of them  :D

Ding dong!

Thought the same as well Denis. Willie is one of the brothers can't think of the second's name!

Not managed to fully read yet but did enjoy the fleet profile and the big fergi with a 6mt mf30 drill, what a sight :D

Yep i loved that, fantastic stuff... Same last month and Deutz this time around i do like that section of the mag and how weird is that IMT "Nuffield"..

Thanks Mr Day for Classic Tractor... 8)