Harvest 2010

Smithy140

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to put the tripod in Mitzi, so excuse the wobbliness - that amorphous blob in the sky should be the moon...!

That's it for now - the results of today's Mitzi-adventure (Lex 570+, 580, 600TT, TX68, Dom 98SL etc.) will have to wait for next time!

post-1701-132639432007_thumb.jpg

post-1701-13263943203_thumb.jpg

Not the most detailed of pictures but managed to take these two of our neighbour cutting his spring barley with their Dominator 204 yesterday while waiting for the tyre fitter to arrive

005-24.jpg

008-18.jpg

This was the view in front of me when I got going again, luckily that lot missed us.....

009-23.jpg

And one from the other night just after we got some rain

002-28.jpg

the weather has been terrible here for about 2 weeks now, i have seen one combine going but didnt have the camera

most farms are done round here

ive even seen some of them drilling osr

corn harvest is knocking on the door now, just need weather to pick up and we are away

this will probably be my last post in this topic,my 2 weeks at the farm are up tomorrow,i have a weeks holiday now,then back to the painting and decorating,still no combines moving and i doubt they will tomorrow,so today muck spreading,merlo, john deere 6830 and rolland muck spreader

post-1891-132639434081_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639434089_thumb.jpg

mark, that claas avero looks like the same one on the cornwall show stand, that had sold plastered over it,to a contractor, will have a look for the pics, see if the name is on it for you, certainly the first time i have seen one down here, and there cant be to many arround 

I don't know how small farmers afford new combines anymore whats the list price of one of those?

that combine wouldn't be for more than 600 acres would it, and if you were 600 acres most people would buy a second hand bigger combine? Who buys these smaller ones?

Hi Andrew,I nearly forgot,I was over your way at the weekend,well nearly,I took these at Dunbog

Dunbog4.jpg

Dunbog3.jpg

Dunbog2.jpg

Dunbog1.jpg

I'd never seen a Terra Trac before,and,it was blowing a gale,that OSR was nearly blowing over the side of the trailer,

Regards

Joe.