Harvest Woe's

Deere-est

Harvest Woes

Well for us, we have had a couple of mishaps, during hay the Welgar baler ate a lump of wood which was enough to write the ting off. Hell of a lot of damage occurred when one needle jammed and then all four snapped....

Then of course the TF42 had problems 'down stairs' when the self levelling failed and rattled itself to bits.

I was driving each one at the time  :-[:-[ :-[

But for another farmer locally it has not been rosey either.

His late TX68 has had a hard time this year. With the header latched on, the driver swung around on some waste ground on the edge of the field to start the crop - colliding with a well hidden power harrow and writing the header off. New header found and off he went again, three rows in and the main drive pulley collapsed and chewed all the belts up. Fixed and off down the field some hours later and the engine blew up!!  :of

Harvest Woes

Well for us, we have had a couple of mishaps, during hay the Welgar baler ate a lump of wood which was enough to write the ting off. Hell of a lot of damage occurred when one needle jammed and then all four snapped....

Then of course the TF42 had problems 'down stairs' when the self levelling failed and rattled itself to bits.

His late TX68 has had a hard time this year. With the header latched on, the driver swung around on some waste ground on the edge of the field to start the crop - colliding with a well hidden power harrow and writing the header off. New header found and off he went again, three rows in and the main drive pulley collapsed and chewed all the belts up. Fixed and off down the field some hours later and the engine blew up!!  :of

That sounds really bad poor TX, and not a good week by the sound of it either :-\

Our JD 6910 started leaking coolant after pulling a 15 ton load of wheat, new radiator needed now

Harvest Woes

Split the topic Tris!! Start a new one titled "Harvest Woes"

8)

4 wheeled trailers front axle came off & ended up half way along under the trailer , 2 new tryes ,& a spot off welding was needed . Another bale trailer wheel nuts kept comeing loose & with tightening em up so much it cracked the rim so new rim & hub needed. yesterday bale knotter broke , so all the bales were a curved shape ( big baler & end sting ) so unable to fix, swaped it for a middle one , worked ok & the savings on twine  ;D  then fixed today , another knotter went , luckily tht was fixed. Then today a berarings gone on the combine so thats been parked up all day. Had something replaced on the header as well after welding & the hammers failed to work. So far not been to bad though , barleys nearly finnished 1 more field to do , then onto the wheat  :)

yesterday watched a New Holland 8060 combine stop so many times there were more heaps of straw in the field than rows. cause was mud building up under the header and blocking the knives. This also dug up random parts of the field so quite a rough ride for the baler.

Was speaking to a chap who works on the neighbouring farm to us in the pub last night and he asked if I'd heard about the mishap on their other farm 35 miles away......they have a new Lexion 600 there with V1200 vario header (12m), lad driving it undoes all the drives and hoses on the header and unlatches it ready to drop it onto the trolley which is on the other side of the field ::)  proceeds to drive across to it only hits a bump on route and loses the header causing massive damage in the process.....about £20k apparently, the latest is that it may now be uneconomic to repair in case there any hidden damage so a new header may be needed at £60k :of :of

Was speaking to a chap who works on the neighbouring farm to us in the pub last night and he asked if I'd heard about the mishap on their other farm 35 miles away......they have a new Lexion 600 there with V1200 vario header (12m), lad driving it undoes all the drives and hoses on the header and unlatches it ready to drop it onto the trolley which is on the other side of the field ::)  proceeds to drive across to it only hits a bump on route and loses the header causing massive damage in the process.....about £20k apparently, the latest is that it may now be uneconomic to repair in case there any hidden damage so a new header may be needed at £60k :of :of

Lesson learnt!!!

Oh dear, not good.... When you say "lad" Gav do you mean a young one? Was he the normal driver?

That sounds like a nightmare, Jack. Parts ok to find for the old girl?

TF42 is on the mend, a trip to Coles at Shaftesbury for a new tapered pin which holds a rubber bush one side of the grain pan and some new roller bearings and metal bushes for the crank arm assembly on the other side from the fan drive and by tea time yesterday all old parts had be stripped and replaced and the whole grain show was back in. I expect by this evening there would have been very little left to do for Monday. She may get an outing before the season is out, at the same time I think she and the 34 I drive will be making way for one TX66 for nest year.

Cab fan motor packed up on the 8360,.......glad I was sitting down when I enquired into the price for a replacement................................£478 for a geniune NH or £295 for a sparex.. :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of :of

Where the hell do these prices come from........... ??? ??? ???

And to top it all off,..the bearings fell apart in the seat as well......... >:( >:(

Had a few issues with the baler and 6920s yesterday as mentioned elsewhere on here but the incident in the pictures that happened yesterday is the most annoying.......a hole smaller than a 10p coin appeared in the back wall of the grainstore just inside the fan house, unfortunately the fan was running at the time so it done a good job of blowing it up the tunnel, through the louvre walls and ran out round my mates feet when he opened the door to investigate.....it took the two of us 8 hours to clear up today, there was about 3 tons of wheat in there :of  and about 150kg down the tunnel to hoover out >:(

012-14.jpg

013-9.jpg

014-13.jpg

016-5.jpg

015-4.jpg