Do you know much about MF 9240's

Light Land

i think i'm right in saying , it was a David Brown / CASE built backend & gearbox ?

cant remember the year it came out ? 1994/5 ? i remember seeing one new at the royal & a friend i was with with said his boss was going to demo one , but i never found out what happend . it was at the time when MF were doing a lot of badge engineering as they also released the megele mamot forager as the massey ferguson 5130 which was also a short lived partnership

from memory the rear end/axle was case and funk gearbox as said above, i would say they were more 95/96 they were out, we had a demo unit at the massey dealers i used to work at, wasnt very well liked! having said that one customer bought one (possibly the demo, cant remember) and run it for a few years and liked it, it was out driffield way in n.yorks, come on tractor twitcher weres the pics ;)  to give a clue to help david the farmer played cricket for yorkshire ;)

from memory the rear end/axle was case and funk gearbox as said above, i would say they were more 95/96 they were out, we had a demo unit at the massey dealers i used to work at, wasnt very well liked! having said that one customer bought one (possibly the demo, cant remember) and run it for a few years and liked it, it was out driffield way in n.yorks, come on tractor twitcher weres the pictures ;)  to give a clue to help david the farmer played cricket for yorkshire ;)

So Mr Byas had one Mike. This is the only photograph I have of one from Driffield show a good few years ago. I do remember a farm not far from where now I work also had one on demonstration but never bought it in the end.

IMGcmf_0007.jpg

It was pretty dated when it was launched wasn't it? Just a repainted White or something...? very American and not well suited to European ag...?

Now Simon explain yourself before I take offense and storm over there and give ya a yank sandwhich which won't taste good as your pork pies or bubble and squeak.....actually like Sean Pullet your probably one of those "in the closet yank lovers", but won't admit it ;):laugh: :laugh:

Anyway I don't know about that tractor myself I will go look to see if there are any for sale over here on the web......

Now Simon explain yourself before I take offense and storm over there and give ya a yank sandwhich which won't taste good as your pork pies or bubble and squeak.....actually like Sean Pullet your probably one of those "in the closet yank lovers", but won't admit it ;):laugh: :laugh:

Anyway I don't know about that tractor myself I will go look to see if there are any for sale over here on the web......

Busted... I am a closet yank lover... you can't beat one...  ;D  just to be on your own and get a few minutes .... :of

Er... that's not what you meant was it... you meant it like 'America'...  :-[

Never seen one of these then Rick ?

Yes now that one Ive seen a 99 model anyway....never seen a 9 series MF like that.....so I stand corrected.........I'd like to see what Marky says he has all the books so maybe he can share what he finds??  Simon what you say?? ;D

Produced from 1994 to 1998, as stated David Brown rear axle and Cummins engine with Funk powershift gearbox. Originally designed and built for Agco in White and Agco Allis colours with a range of model numbers and powers

983115_huge.jpg

740665_huge.jpg

The tractor was released as an MF 9240 and Lamborghini Traction 240. A bit more fueling and the Lamborghini Traction 265, Same 265, Hurlimann H-265 were created. Replace the bonnet and the Deutz Fahr 8.31 was born:

9105-agrostar-831-deutz-fahr.jpg