Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show 2010

Andy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have been speaking to several people this week who are going to the show. Omens look good for the weather too as we get this upcoming atlantic storm out of the way before the weekend.

Well I have been speaking to several people this week who are going to the show. Omens look good for the weather too as we get this upcoming atlantic storm out of the way before the weekend.

sadly... looks like I'm a no show now  :-[ :'(  ... got some emergency building works to do on the industrial estate gates that I have somehow been volunterred in to doing  >:( :'( :-[

Hearing "Me Lordie" Mark was unlikely to attend made me sad....hearing you and camera and back up batteries are attending made we want to shout with happiness David ;) ;)

Nearly 1,000 exhibits David better get a cooling for that camera of yours as well ;D ;D

Hearing "Me Lordie" Mark was unlikely to attend made me sad....hearing you and camera and back up batteries are attending made we want to shout with happiness David ;) ;)

Nearly 1,000 exhibits David better get a cooling for that camera of yours as well ;D ;D

Thanks Bill, hopefully i'll be able to do all the exhibits justice and my batteries will last the duration of the day. I wanted to attend this show last year but work got in the way. It's been a few years since I was last at Newark so i'm well chuffed i've managed to get the time off. :)

I would have really liked to have gone David but can't afford a week of holiday's in England between Newark and the Penrith model show.

I know at least 3 Scottish tractor exhibitors going down with 4 tractors

David and Joyce Symington from near St Andrews with two Cases who I visited on Monday. Then Vic Mathers from Kintore close by to me with his David Brown 50D and last but not least Graham Hill from Alyth with a Nuffield or a Leyland.

Not been back long, had an absolutely brilliant day and i'm 515 photographs to the good aswell as having met up with quite a few F.T.F members and exhibitors. In all honesty though in order to properly take in all of what's on show in all of the exhibition halls you really need to be there all weekend. I was there from 10am almost to the close at 5pm and even then there were certain aspects of the show which didn't get my full attention. I've never seen so many tractors displayed indoors before and whilst the weather was fantastic it did make photography tricky on occasions due to the glare and the volume of people eager to catch a glimpse of some of the most maginificent machines displayed undercover. If I decide to head down next year i'll definitely be booking a room in the Premier Inn located just down the road from the showground.

Before I begin to sift and sort through all of the photographs i've taken today in readiness for posting, here's a small teaser.

Here's Andy caught stuffing his face on a brief lunch break at the Model Farmer stand.

DSC01055.jpg

Whilst his Dad was busy selling a wonderful array of models on the other side.

DSC01057.jpg

Here's a brief glimpse of an awesome contraption ( if you're a Ford fan ) from the workshop of John Hayward, builder of several Ford based specials.

DSC00969.jpg

Continuing the model theme before moving onto the real machines. Starting with Malcolm Booth's wonderful display of 1/32nd tractors and implements including a good number of Ford based machines converted by himself. Chatted for quite a while to Malcolm who carries out a lot of restoration work on older Britains tractors, he also had a very smart little farm yard diorama set up as part of his display.

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00702.jpg