Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show 2010

Andy

Next up a very nicely restored Ferguson Brown followed by the first two of four David Brown 4wd machines belonging to John and James Howard, who according to the program are from my home town of Pickering.

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

High clearance 1850 and Dorman sprayer belonging to K Chambers.

DSC00778.jpg

John Winter's 1936 Case C.

DSC00779.jpg

Robert Moorhouse's 885 and loader.

DSC00780.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very original imported Case 730 followed by the other two four wheel drive David Brown tractors belonging to John and James Howard.

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

Richard Broadley's 1942 David Brown VAK1.

DSC00782.jpg

David Harvey's Case L.

DSC00783.jpg

Another tractor to put a big smile on my face, the sight of John Simpson's rare DB4 crawler.

DSC00787.jpg

Looks like a fantastic show David,thank's for takeing the time and the effort to share your photo's,

Regards

Joe.

Your welcome Joe. Easily one of the best static shows i've been to, the amount of rare tractors on display that i've only ever seen in magazines until then was amazing. :)

Next up Rodney Thompson's pair of David Brown based Oliver 600 and 500 tractors.

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

One of several David Brown 50D machines this one belonging to County Armagh's Des Moore.

DSC00804.jpg

Whilst here's a tracked 50TD belonging to Mark Ducksbury.

DSC00805.jpg

Another Ferguson Brown this time on spade lug wheels.

DSC00806.jpg

Gordon Farr's 1953 Case DC4 with 3 furrow mounted plough.

DSC00807.jpg

Great picture's you have realy done the tractors justice  ;)  i know it wasnt the easiest to get pictures in the tents. That ERF & bulk trailer its pretty cool what they have done in the trailer  :D

Thanks Taz, appreciated. :) It wasn't easy on occasions, I was very patient waiting for the right moment to capture some of the rarer tractors commanding most of the attention from the crowds, quite pleased how they've come out in the end. :)

More from the tent containing the David Brown and Case machines starting with another tidy 2D.

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

Janet Sutton's David Brown 50D.

DSC00811.jpg

Another of John Simpson's wonderful machines this spade lugged VAK.

DSC00814.jpg

Case L based Roadless full track.

DSC00813.jpg

Very smart looking Case 210 garden tractor.

DSC00815.jpg

Here's my final selection of photographs from the David Brown and Case themed marquee before I moved onto the adjoining tent.

Starting with another very original 18-32 Case Crossmotor.

DSC00818.jpg

Case Model L.

DSC00822.jpg

Doug Taylor's rowcrop and high clear 880 and 990 machines

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

Lastly David and Joyce Symmington's wonderful Case DV.

DSC00823.jpg

Following on from the marquee filled with the Case and David Brown tractors it was time to witness a variety of manufacturers within the National Vintage Tractor and Engine Club tent.

Starting with this rather nice veteran Ford van.

DSC00824.jpg

Not quite the last of the David Brown's just yet. This 880 Implematic had been driven from Ripley to Newark in aid of Help For Heroes.

DSC00825.jpg

A couple of classic blues, Ford 4000 and Roadless Ploughmaster 65.

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

There was an execellent selection of John Deere tractors on display at Newark the most i've seen at a rally in quite some time.

Starting with Roy Plumtree's 1939 AR.

DSC00829.jpg

Followed by Derek Rushby's 1956 70 rowcrop.

DSC00828.jpg

One of several very smart classic green and yellow machines in attendance, Brian Cooke's 1974 920.

DSC00830.jpg

Alan Plumtree's well restored International W-30.

DSC00831.jpg

Followed by Barry Milnes's 1950 Farmall Cub which he imported from France.

DSC00834.jpg

Pair of tidy grey Ferguson tractors.

DSC00835.jpg

Allen Brown's 1974 Massey Ferguson 135.

DSC00832.jpg

Mark Jibson's Fordson Super Dexta equipped with Howard reduction gearbox.

DSC00833.jpg

Having taken in two of the marquees I returned outside for some fresh air and to capture the rest of the tractors basking in the sunshine, starting with this nice looking David Brown 1490.

DSC00854.jpg

One of my favourite classic exhibits, Stephen Sanderson's fully restored County 1004 and Shawnee Pool dump trailer.

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

Followed by another collection Fordson and Ford tractors through the ages.

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

Andrew Kent's Ford 3600 which worked on Farndale Moor not too far from where I live.

DSC00857.jpg

Back to another very blue themed collection of photographs starting with John Grimmer's Perkins powered E27N.

DSC00870.jpg

Perkins power of the V8 variety propell's David Kidd's mutant Major.

DSC00871.jpg

Paul Ducksbury's 1963 Doe Triple D.

DSC00872.jpg

George Hunt's County 754.

DSC00875.jpg

Edgar Reynold's Ford 7000.

DSC00881.jpg

Lastly Ian Berriman's Roadless 120.

DSC00867.jpg

The rest of my photographs will follow tommorow once i've finished work, lots more to come.

Well David it looks a very good show and one I must try to attend some time the future. Som enice shots although it looked very packed which always make taking photos that more difficult. Like the French Farmall Cub and the poppy the the front grill was a nice touch for Rememberance day.

There is quite a good thread over on BFF about the show, not only with pictures but also with some explanations about some of the DB models on display, one of the members was a judge at the show and he has brought up some little known interesting facts about some of the tractors.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=41560

sorry if its already been posted but did anyone see the auction were a fordson major nose cone (orginal but warn) made £940 yes £940 plus buyes commison! there was the mud guards and bonnet too, in all the 3 parts made almost £3000 :of T&m took photos so watch out to see it printed in black and white!