flat 8 bale sledge

well she kept me in town longer than expected,so not finished yet,got all the paddels in place now, along with the gates,tommorrow will be the mechanisms and the front wheel ,along with the arms for the rope ect to realease the bales,also the attachement on the baler to allow it to fit and be moved for road use,was thinking about making a movable tow arm on the baler to for road use

post-46-13263850875_thumb.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in one of those Sean if you make anymore, looks very smart. Let me know if you need any pics of the real sledge brackets on the baler, I'll be hanging round our Welger AP630 and cooks sledge tomorrow getting it ready for some bales ;) ;) ;)

I'd be interested in one of those Sean if you make anymore, looks very smart. Let me know if you need any pics of the real sledge brackets on the baler, I'll be hanging round our Welger AP630 and cooks sledge tomorrow getting it ready for some bales ;) ;) ;)

if you can get some of the cooks that would be great ncc,as thats the version its based on,particually the mechnasims theat swing the paddels about

as for welger i have never seen one of there balers or sledges,only mf and cooks,hence the version i have done,but i did have to widen the first version as the bales jammed on the paddels,this one runs very nicely so far

Fantastic work. A tricky thing to make no doubt. There can't be much strength in a model of a bale sledge. Your making it look easy though Sean, it's really looking good. Don't rush though as my birthday is a month or two away yet. Is it based on a particular brand or is it a few bits from the more common examples out there put together?

if you can get some of the cooks that would be great ncc,as thats the version its based on,particually the mechnasims theat swing the paddels about

as for welger i have never seen one of there balers or sledges,only mf and cooks,hence the version i have done,but i did have to widen the first version as the bales jammed on the paddels,this one runs very nicely so far

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any of the sledge and baler Sean, bloody hedge cutter took longer than I thought to fix, had an extremely stuck ram and extremely stuck lever to free up >:( >:(>:(

I'll get you some though if I go down there again this week, sorry for mucking you around :-\ ;) ;)

• 5 months later...

well just had an 1hr powercut after a particulary big bang of thunder so went out and did a bit more,

added new wheels to her now ,and fixed the balers bracket in place, tow pin on the sledge and the rear gate mech is all on,and works to,just pull the rope and away the bales go

post-46-132638535501_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638535512_thumb.jpg