Whats your latest general buy 2011?

A new dining table.  Not that the one I have has anything wrong but it is not a sensible shape for my room and is a dropleaf.  Closed up I have nowhere to put the chairs and even open the chairs do not go completely underneath because of the gate legs get in the way.  Also it is difficult to seat more than 4 people (despite having 6 matching chairs) as the central leg unit gets in the way of knees.

I was told my new table would be about 4-6 weeks delivery but had a telephone call on Monday to say they are delivering it next Tuesday.  Now that is what I call service.

Anyone want a nice dark oak oval gate leg dining table in good condition?  Free to a good home.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice welder Gav... my mate uses on like that... bloody good tool they are mate too

for me...

:-*

Ahhhh shiney paint syndrome is back is it then Mark?

Handy little machines, my dads just bought a Hanix 0.8 ton machine with servo controls ;);D

Ooh I just luv Li'l Doug :angel::-*

I think he would get through my gates and would be ideal for landscaping my garden if he can cope with Hampshire diamonds (flint for the uninitiated) - there is a solid layer of them about 10 inches down

Ooh I just luv Li'l Doug :angel::-*

I think he would get through my gates and would be ideal for landscaping my garden if he can cope with Hampshire diamonds (flint for the uninitiated) - there is a solid layer of them about 10 inches down

On my way Auntie Sue... flints will be no problem I am sure  :-*  It's your gateway you need to worry about with me driving  :-[

Marky, you kept that one very quiet!

You know me Colm... always quiet  ;):D :D :D:-[

Ahhhh shiney paint syndrome is back is it then Mark?

Handy little machines, my dads just bought a Hanix 0.8 ton machine with servo controls ;);D

:-[  I think it is Mark.. I think its incurable untill you end up spending ALL of your money sadly  :'(  .. this one is also servo controlled

A new dining table.  Not that the one I have has anything wrong but it is not a sensible shape for my room and is a dropleaf.  Closed up I have nowhere to put the chairs and even open the chairs do not go completely underneath because of the gate legs get in the way.  Also it is difficult to seat more than 4 people (despite having 6 matching chairs) as the central leg unit gets in the way of knees.

I was told my new table would be about 4-6 weeks delivery but had a telephone call on Monday to say they are delivering it next Tuesday.  Now that is what I call service.

Anyone want a nice dark oak oval gate leg dining table in good condition?  Free to a good home.

Is your table an old one Mandy? I'm not in the market for a table as I already have a dining table, it's in my living room and being used as my computer and associated equipment 'desk'. Very old solid oak oval table, 'wind' out and 'extends' to insert 2 more leaves in order to seat 14 people and will seat up to 16, takes 4 strong people to lift it although it's on the old brass and china castor 'feet', promised my late parents I'd never sell it. I like the old antique furniture, lasts several lifetimes, cheaper to buy than this modern mass produced chipboard stuff, especially from auction houses. My kitchen table is an extendable one, lift the top and pull out the leaves at each end, seats 6 normally and 8 extended.

Is your table an old one Mandy? I'm not in the market for a table as I already have a dining table, it's in my living room and being used as my computer and associated equipment 'desk'. Very old solid oak oval table, 'wind' out and 'extends' to insert 2 more leaves in order to seat 14 people and will seat up to 16, takes 4 strong people to lift it although it's on the old brass and china castor 'feet', promised my late parents I'd never sell it. I like the old antique furniture, lasts several lifetimes, cheaper to buy than this modern mass produced chipboard stuff, especially from auction houses. My kitchen table is an extendable one, lift the top and pull out the leaves at each end, seats 6 normally and 8 extended.

Actually I'm Sue but I don't mind being Mandy! (she is a lot younger than me 8) )

In answer to your question t is not an antique but is a good table.  It was my brother-in-law's but when he moved to Cyprus it was not required.  The entire suite was good quality as Nick never bought cheap.  I will offer it to a charity shop if no one wants it. 

Love the sound of your table but extending to seat 14 means it probably would not fit in my dining room which is an odd shape with too many doors, staircases, windows and an immovable chimneybreast  that supports the house.  I am happy to seat 8 (10 at a pinch) with my new one. 

Incidentally the new table is solid wood and I went around the showroom lifting one edge of all their tables until I found one that I could (at a pinch) move without calling for assistance.  Several of the tables were so heavy I could hardly lift the fold-over top never mind the table itself.

A nice fully working early 1970's 'trimphone' to add to the collection. Anyone remember Busby?

Sorry Tim a generation of ftf'ers are scratching their heads! :blank:;)

Breaker bar and 25m of flexible wire for me.

Where you been Snake?!!

:P

Frank has a few albums out, singer songwriter of punky sort of folk and Arcade Fire are a big production Canadian band also with a few albums out.  :)

Me, I driff in and out the odd, catch the jist of most things, seems to work ok!  ;D

Oh aye that Frank! Yes,.. Him, aye.. right hhmmm  ::)  Whats this about Rihanna?  ;D

Sorry Tim a generation of ftf'ers are scratching their heads! :blank:;)

Breaker bar and 25m of flexible wire for me.

I think it was actually spelt with a z, Buzby. Buzby was an animated yellow 'canary' used in the old BT (British Telecom) tv ads voiced by Bernard Cribbins back in the 1980's and the 'catch phrase' was 'make someone happy, use the 'phone'. When they changed the name to just Telecom the adverts were with Maureen Lipman talking to her grandson on the phone about 'failing' his shool exams but bassing biology so the catchphrase was 'Anthony, you have an ology'. Funny how things stick in your mind! I'm sure that these old tv ads are on Youtube.

Arrived this afternoon in the pouring rain,............good or bad sign......?????......

wburyp.jpg

1zvvbrk.jpg

fooh3c.jpg

1rx8o8.jpg

19p83o.jpg

Several minor problems and one major one,....I believe we have a lodger on board,..and still on board after a 30 plus mile trip here....

migpzb.jpg

Something is on board somewhere because my dog went "rat" mad as soon as she got near it...... :of :of