North East Farm And Construction Model Show Aberdeen 29th May 2011

Big A

No worries Andy but if that person does turn up I think they should get free entry as the furthest travelled spectator ;D ;D

I picked up this weeks Deeside Piper and was pleased to see they had published my article and featured a photo of one of our exhibitors lorry displays...Brian Fleming from Banchory.

156339_.pdf

nice work Bill, just have to see what the P and J say now :)

Well the only poster I have put out in Deeside is in the toy shop in Ballater Andy so hopefully the Deeside Piper write up and photo will help spread the word in that area.

Yes fingers crossed  Joe Watson gets a photo and article in the farming section of the Press and Journal since that should cover as far as the top of Scotland and as far down as Perth and surrounding areas in the South.

looks like am going bald in the picture, must be the stress of the show ::)

we warned you andy, deal with bill for to long and you loose your hair :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  most of his office are bald now, even the female staff ::) ::)::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , looks like a really good write up for the show mind, geting a full show organised from scratch takes some doing so credits due to you and brian for the idea mate

July's Classic Tractor has just been delivered and as usual first stop for me is the model page. Nice looking article by Rory on Austin James from Leicestershire including his scratch built County 1145.

Oh and then to the events page where the show gets a mention at the top of  the events section. A big thanks for that Rory.

Great article Andy,

Just aswell I'm not in the picture to,    one going bald and another going grey ;) ;) :P:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice John deere by the way :)

All credit to Andy for the idea and ambition to go for it, Bill for all the amount of advertising and not to forget Laurie, whom has done a lot of work behind the scenes, not least finding the venue for us. Me..... well I'm pretty much the silent partner  ;):) :) .

I hope to see lots of you there next week.

I hope we will be having a few drinks either way ;) ;) :)

Brian

Well Brian its all been down to team work and and think we have all done as best we can to get this show on the road. We have had an excellent response from exhibitors and traders many of whom are travelling hundreds of miles to attend which is very very encouraging for a first time show. All we can do now is hope for us and the exhibitors and traders we get the spectator support and can make this an annual event. 

Good luck to all at the show for next week.Hope all goes well and it is a success.

Sorry we cant make it this time hope to be there next year with a display.

From the organizers of lakeland model farm and construction show.

Best regards Harold and Jane

Well there are a number of pubs and hotel in the area Ian.

Although I work in Dyce I'm in the Industrial Estate so we don't really dine out much given we have a canteen

The Spiders - a pub

http://www.spiderswebpub.co.uk/

The Greentrees - a pub

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1003&bih=615&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=greentrees+dyce&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=greentrees&hnear=0x4884124be628376b:0x3ec0f74f08d51b1d,Dyce,+Aberdeen&cid=6798903037752069818

The Dunavon - hotel / restaurant

http://www.thedunavon.com/

Or if you want to travel a couple of miles for a carvery

http://www.wheresbest.co.uk/venue/511/Bucksburn-Manor-Brewers-Fayre/

Thanks Bill, there must be something out of that lot that can tempt me.  It will probably be a quick bite, then a carry out in my room watching the Champs Final.  Come on Barca ;)  (well I have to support them being a liverpool fan). :-\