TerraGator 2244 Finished

Finally I got this model finished,back in November last year I managed to source all the bit's needed to attempt this build,thank's to Pete @ MPR for helping with a little Swedish language problem I had,had to buy the Volvo A40 dumptruck from a shop in Sweden,I waited three month's on Modelenium getting one in,but was eventually told he couldn't find one,enough talking here are the pictures,any question's,fire away

Terra1.jpg

Terra2.jpg

Terra3.jpg

Terra4.jpg

Terra5.jpg

Terra6.jpg

Terra7.jpg

And one with it's trailer and loader

Terra8.jpg

Hope you like it,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

;) Thank's for all the brilliant comment's guy's,I don't mind telling you it was a real tricky one,a bit like three convo's all at the same time,even the final assembly required some build work,like the tiny side width markers and the tyre inflation pipes,here's what you'll need if you fancy doing one ::) ::)

Cat3.jpg

Cat2.jpg

Cat1.jpg

then you just need to cut them up a wee bit ;) ;)

Dscf4516.jpg

Regards

Joe.

That's a hell of a cut and splice job on the spreader, Joe!  :of You've made a nice job of the whole thing if you ask me. Like it a lot. I bet it's front end heavy with that Norscot hulk upfront? Are the front end and rear arches resin moulded or something?

Well Joe I have seen progress photos and also in the flesh during the build and well the end result is brilliant.

As requested please please take this up to our Aberdeen show and display it on Brian's (aka mr softies) tables since well I won't bother displaying my case of childhood Britain's as first planned. Everyone has seen old Britain's but no one will have seen a creation like this.

No pressure but unless you bring it up Andy, Brian and myself may not allow you entry to the show ;D ;D

:-[ Thank's for your lovely comment's,Tris the front arch's are original Volvo the rear's were salvaged from the scrap box,1/25th scale Kenworth five axle heavy haul truck,pictures later,if I can find any,just altered to shape with plasticard and my new best friend Squadron product's green putty, (ready to use Milliput)

Terra11jpg.jpg

The original Challenger 765 B is a wee bit lighter now than when I started,bonnet and chassis shortened quite a bit to get everything lined up,more pictures later,I'm going to make my T  :laugh:

Regards

Joe.

Well Pat,the idea was to put it in a diorama,with four or five different views,machine reach's job site,unload excavator,excavator load's TerraGator,TerraGator spread's muck,I even bought a dog,you need a dog to catch the rat's ;) ,a bit like this,

CatChallengerTerraGator6.jpg

CatChallengerTerraGator9.jpg

a few more cut / shut photo's

Terra167pg.jpg

had to cut the hinges off to get the bonnet the right ( nearly ) length,

Terra16jpg.jpg

had to cut the Volvo nose cone accordingly

Terra11jpg.jpg

starting to take shape

here's a good picture of the 1/32nd scale Volvo A40 dumptruck I used for this convo

VolvoA40D.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Joe,

Things..can only get better as the song says..... I need to contact you on

1) The Aberdeen show on 29th May which I hope you will bring your Terragator too

2) A possible Model Farmer article.....if you want and if Andy E is in agreement

;) Cheers Brian,it'll be nice to see all you guy's up at Aberdeen,years since I was last up there,I used to love seeing all the Suzuki,Honda Yamaha bikes running around with BSA registration plates  ::) , ol thank you for the huge compliment,I thought it was absolutely brilliant,you getting up fifteen minutes early,just to have another look at my TerraGator,priceless  :D :D

Regards

Joe.