What machinery did you photograph today?

Niels

10 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Bluepower bonanza!!  Spotted nine of these off two farms working around two close villages recently, all T7.270s, none older than 2021 and one of the new PLM versions.  And I think there maybe one or two more I didn't see.

Also visited DOEs at Littleport who have already shifted a number of new and ex hire blue powers since the start of the year.

P1010591.JPG

P1010590.JPG

P1010592.JPG

P1010595.JPG

P1010601.JPG

P1010599.JPG

P1010602.JPG

you can notice the shorter length of the PLM 270 in the 5th picture

I think they made the cab bigger then moved it up for better suspension & forward as well. Then did what MF did and kept a void between engine, bonnet and cab to make it quieter.  But yes the bonnet does look shorter than on the previous range.

I had a treat this afternoon, I knew their was a team planting onions about a 2 mile walk out the back of the village, I had seen them earlier in the distance from a neighbouring road. It Looked like a JD on a combi drill & two standard blue NHs as well.  As I got nearer the lads working on them were packing up and drove off in a T7.210 plus a van. leaving a 6R on the drill and a T6 on some other planter, but parked between them was a brand new T7.300 on a big new Pottinger power harrow!!  I took a load of nice pictures in perfect sunlight and will put up soon when I get a chance to upload the camera again.

• Like 1

On the face of it this is just another picture of a CASE 580 Quadtrac, but its significant because its just replaced a JOHN DEERE 9620RX.  The farmer is the same one in my pictures above, they had 7 big JDs 9RX/ 8RX's/ 8R,s and a huge fleet of over 20 NH T7.210's mostly.  They used to be all blue but JD replaced the Ford 8970's over 20 years ago and that was that.  But the farmer did buy a Quadtrac 535 and then replaced it with a 600 before JD replaced it as soon as the first 9RX came out, then bought another in 2021 to replace the first one.  So I was surprised & delighted to see a red one has kicked JD out for a change.

But why I wonder?  I'm not sure price is that big a deal to this landowner with his 15,000 acres+, maybe he didn't like JD's latest business push which appears to be "If you want access to all our data tech like bio lab etc, you have to have a fully green fleet".  That was what his neighbour was told, who now has changed over all his hired in kit from NH & MF to JD's this season🤬

Hopefully farmer Lee told JD to "f" off  after having spent millions on various 8 series JD for 20 years and still not qualified for top tier status because he has other brands to.  I suspect that Quady is a protest tractor and a very nice one at that.

P1010598.JPG

• Like 4

wondered why my cousin was messaging me yesterday to keep an eye on the tns facebook page yesterday, turns out they have just added this ex demo mf8s265 to their pair of class axions. hes sort sort of sad as the mf8420 has been traded in on it.but i am promised a drive next time i get up there along with the a ions as well 

IMG_3586.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The local MF dealer has around ten 8S machines in the yard presently, half of them are low houred ex demo or whatever that no one seems to want, a customer machine with its wheels off out back and 4 new stock tractors from a 205 upto a smart new 305. And one brand new black 8S.305 which has been sold to a farmer literally 100 yards up the road to replace his 5 yr old 7726S.  Very smart indeed.

The 8S has been out 3 + years now and very few working on my patch which is a pity. 

P1010704.JPG

P1010705.JPG

P1010706.JPG

P1010707.JPG

• Like 1

Pretoria energy have just bought 4 new MF8740S tractors and are now running double figures of the model. I have recently seen them pulling 4 different drills mostly Horsch like in the pic below. 2 more on big power harrows, one on a 24000 tanker, one on a big beet cart with self unloader. Another on a big trailer sumo and one locally pulling a big trailed Horsch liquid fertilizer sprayer.

P1010776.JPG

P1000383.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

• Like 4