Marky's latest additions to his collection.. all MF related of course

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good god what an update, great looking brochures, especially the Cane Harvester. It's so ugly that it is beautiful, is this a real MF or a renamed machine?

Thanks Ronald.. I know what you mean about ugly... but an interesting machine all the same.. it was indeed MF built mate as well. As I understand it... MF initiually teamed up with wholestick cane harvester firm Crighton and then went on to pioneer the billet machines (such as this) themselves... and indeed the entire system for field to factory harvesting... including rails in fields etc. ... then in true MF style lost out to the likes of John Deere, who I believe still make a sim,ilar product today. MF have not made one for years.. in actual fact I think this is the last two models they made.

Has anyone scratch built or made a conversion of a cane harvester?

Fantastic topic as well Mark, I have really enjoyed looking through this thread.

Glad you like it buddy... makes it all worthwhile to hear comments like that - thank you... now I'd LOVE to see a scratch build Cane Harvester.. that really would be something else - who's up for it then ???:P

That cane harvester really is a strange looking machine - a bit weeble like going back to an old FTF machine :of

If you could post the other side of the Cameron Gardner one Marky that would be great mate :)

Will post up tonight mate when I get home... and yes... it does have a 'skid steer sprayeresque' look about it doesn't it :P:)

Good read looking through all these 'old' brochures. MF had quite a spread of gear over the years.......

We had a CG forklift similar to that on the 550 but it was a biggish job to fit and remove. It was rated at 30 cwt but would lift a 2 tonne pallet.

Good read looking through all these 'old' brochures. MF had quite a spread of gear over the years.......

We had a CG forklift similar to that on the 550 but it was a biggish job to fit and remove. It was rated at 30 cwt but would lift a 2 tonne pallet.

Thanks John.... the old CG forklifts were very popular around here with the fruit growers.. still are with those left still doing the job (for nothing)

Sorry mate... not as yet.. had a touch of head up bottom syndrome this weekend... been frantically uploading to my new cloud storage system for my brochures and images... been quite a task just to get the directory tree/structure sorted... now the fun begins in getting about 30gb uploaded over my rather slow broadband ... will be worth it in the end.. You'll get to use it once it's finished if you are a good boy and you eat your greens and comb your hair :P

Had a right result through the post today... not really my cup of tea... bit modern for my tastes really... BUT... a bargain all the same... £38 on eBay bagged me this rather comprehensive Agco Worldwide Catalogue...

efbd9710.jpg

Similar to the much earlier and more sought after MF WWC's it's got a product per page .. too much 'other stuff' for my liking really, but a lot of MF so I'm still happy I guess

63ad9ecd.jpg

dfc1c0b7.jpg

6a2d0e4f.jpg

I was actually quite surprised to see that I have brochures for pretty much all the MF that's in here too :)

MF780SaferyGuards.jpg

This is nice...the first MF760 brochure from 1972 ... Been looking for this version for quite some time now

MF760_4.jpg

For David's Dad....

MF300_1-1.jpg

Super Dooper rare is this... never seen or heard of these machines before... even John Farnworth didn't know if their existance... he's now got a real one on it's way from France to add to his collection...

MF257_MF258_MF259_MF260.jpg

MF425Drill.jpg

really, may just look into that, theres another silo thats down beside it ,no idea if thats a mf one to mind ,but may be worth a look

Go for it mate.... they may even let you have the sign if you ask nicely... failing that.. by a balaclava and pinch it anyway :P

Some fantastic additions there Mark. Lovely to see the 300 tracked loader brochure for sentimental reasons and I do rather like the look of the little 2 wheel horticultural power unit. Looks rather smart decked in the MF livery. :)

Thanks David... I actually picked up two MF300 brochures recently... interesting stuff as well - I do enjoy reading the old industrial stuff lately. As for the 'iron horse' style machine... I can't wait to see John Farnworth's new toy when it arrives.

I worked on a farm with a set of MF silos near Tetbury, here: Glad I didn't have to clean this one as half a dozen rats came out when we opened the loading auger!

Ooo what a beauty Chris... they were actually quite popular around here in the late 60's ... quite a few still around when you lookhard enough I reckon.

No No No Niels... it's not just a grain silo... it's an MF grain silo :-*

Now then... few more additions I'm rather pleased with...

MF95..... SUPER rare brochure of a Brazilian made tractor...

MF95_Brazil_2.jpg

Few old Frenchies now..

MF158MKIIIVerger.jpg

MF168MKIIISuper_Etroit.jpg

I'd never seen this one before now...

MF215Tractor.jpg

Or this particular version of MF290..

MF290_2and4WheelDriveFrench.jpg

Archived