MarGe Models 2011

AJH

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i used to think that but we have a series 2 6610 and it has the x on the engine block and it is original,never touched

cross block definitely a replacement in this age of tractor i did plenty of them, later force 2 onwards had cross blocks as standard. the ribbed cross blocks were to help stop cavatation of the water jacket by providing more metal in the blocks. the cavatation within the water jackets caused bubbles which poppped against the in line bores. which after a while made the castings go porous. cross blocks and inhibotor filters were last ditch attempt to save the ford engines .

cross block definitely a replacement in this age of tractor i did plenty of them, later force 2 onwards had cross blocks as standard. the ribbed cross blocks were to help stop cavatation of the water jacket by providing more metal in the blocks. the cavatation within the water jackets caused bubbles which poppped against the in line bores. which after a while made the castings go porous. cross blocks and inhibotor filters were last ditch attempt to save the ford engines .

at last a proper answer,now i have it correct

they told us at the training centre boreham house on an engine course to learn the engines well as we would be getting plenty of experience as the instructors admitted the engines were crap reliability wise and explained the porous block problem. i still have all the old service bulletins .

they told us at the training centre boreham house on an engine course to learn the engines well as we would be getting plenty of experience as the instructors admitted the engines were crap reliability wise and explained the porous block problem. i still have all the old service bulletins .

wouldnt have a 10 series workshop manual lying around by any chance

Smart little model, I'll definately be buying one of those.

Were fenders on the front wheels of 2wd tractors a standard fitment in Holland, I've seen several pics with them fitted to different makes over there.

The top of the radiator cowling looks different to normal too, I've got the pic in Stuart Gibbards "Ford Tractor Story" of a German spec 8830 with the front of the bonnet sloped down to meet their requirements - did this mod get done to continental 10 series as well ??

Just had a look at the photos from the earlier posts a few pages back. ..

Are the weights on the slant a bit? Like the shape in the back of the wafer weight where it sits on the weight frame has been cut out at the wrong angle and now they point up in the air?  ???

The nine whole draw bar is a great idea for a little addition though and the detail throughout the tractor looks great. I have to say for the price tag of the Limited. . .. . I'd sooner take a DBP home.

Where do you put the order in?

Via the website Barry there's a form to fill out and then they send you a paypal invoice or  details for a bank transfer , got my info back last night , shipping starts week 42 which is arround the 18 th of oct I think

http://www.margemodels.com/ordering.php

Via the website Barry there's a form to fill out and then they send you a paypal invoice or  details for a bank transfer , got my info back last night , shipping starts week 42 which is arround the 18 th of oct I think

http://www.margemodels.com/ordering.php

Ah yes!!!

Would they not be available through UK model sellers??

Ordering the LMF model can be done here:

http://www.miniaturenforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18186

If you need any help, just mail to the mailadres mentioned in this post. We're glad to help. Payment is only possible by banktransfer. No Paypal!

For now (the first 2 weeks) orders can only be placed by members of the LMF (members before the 12th of september 2011). After these 2 weeks, everyone can place an order (if there are any left). Due to the short notice that the models will be made, there will be only one week for open ordering (about till 21 oktober orders can be placed). After that, it won't be possible anymore. The models ordered at that time will be produced (max of 250 pieces each).

So, get your changeas as soon as it is possible for you guys.... Don't miss out on these!!