Siku New Holland T8.390

mrol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked this up yesterday from G&M for £22. A reasonable model - definitely toy orientated as you would expect. The only two things that stand out as areas for improvement are the wheels - very basic (like the wheels on the old Ford TW35) and the cab interior is all plain grey. Would have been nice to see some colour (Britains are doing a good job of this now so not sure why Siku can't). I'll be looking to put a new set of wheels on it as well as I think that will definitely help.

post-2468-132639906466_thumb.jpg

post-2468-132639906512_thumb.jpg

post-2468-132639906586_thumb.jpg

post-2468-132639906605_thumb.jpg

No offence at all! In many ways you are right - compared to the Britains MF and IH models, this falls someway short. I've been reflecting on it during the day - The wheels are particularly awful and it just seems a bit basic all round. It seems like quite a backward step in comparison to the Xerion 5000 for example.

Oddly though, you can see the potential of the model if Wiking got stuck into it. But as it's a US built machine, that seems unlikely.

Let's hope the Britains model is considerably better than this one (and probably cheaper too).

now as you all well know i am a siku"" freak ""but what the hell is that  >:( >:(>:( it really is pants just looks like a plastic made in hong honk kong or some were like that ,i don't even want to buy one as a collector or even  to do a conversion on ,poor  :'( poor  :'( poor :'(  sorry lads it is only my opinion """i have nothing sensible to say about the new holland and cannot bring my self to give it constructive criticism """

I definitely think a new set of boots would make a considerable difference to this toy / model. Yes it appears to have all the chunky playability of you'd expect Siku to incorporate, but, doesn't look nearly as refined as the McCormick TTX, Massey Ferguson 8680 or Claas Xerion. I think i'll pass on this one and wait for the Britains version to arrive.

I definitely think a new set of boots would make a considerable difference to this toy / model. Yes it appears to have all the chunky playability of you'd expect Siku to incorporate, but, doesn't look nearly as refined as the McCormick TTX, Massey Ferguson 8680 or Claas Xerion. I think i'll pass on this one and wait for the Britains version to arrive.

i think the only way it might make it look a bit better if i had one of those "big white cigarette's " you get from Jamaica then and only then it might look better to me ,,,,only one problem i don't smoke  :( :( ,, or on the other hand i might just get one and paint it mat black with mat black wheels  just so it does not stick out in my collection ,

sorry lads i am not going to dwell on this much longer ,just really disappointed with it  :( ,,,,,,, just a note if all you guys are replacing the wheels on this model give me a shout because i will put them to good use ,,,good price paid  ;)

Last time i started comparing models from different makers i got a backlash,so ill tread carefully. Siku looks solid build as always,but the Britains will be better detailed i spose. Siku turned a blind eye to NH long enough. I think ill take the Britains. ;D

having looked at it at spalding in april, as a toy its very good, as a collectors model, well siku aint for that really, to be honest its only modled from the real deal, and in my honest opinion whilst mechanicly they may be good ???, the guy that did the body design, and the previous tg range was deffinatly on something that day, not sure if he did the smaller 6 and 7's but clearly that day he was sober as they look ok

justin ,,don't ever be afraid to voice your opinion because it is just that"" your opinion "",we can only compare model to others manufactures because that is the only way we can judge or benchmark these things  ;)

I know Peter thanks  ;) I think the value for money aspect stired up a storm in a tea cup. Anyways this yoke is for the carpet farmer id say. Its good to get feedback on these things before you go looking for one. ;D Ill hang for the Britains version. All i need now is some German lad to chew me up. :laugh: :laugh:

having looked at it at spalding in april, as a toy its very good, as a collectors model, well siku aint for that really, to be honest its only modled from the real deal, and in my honest opinion whilst mechanicly they may be good ??? , the guy that did the body design, and the previous tg range was deffinatly on something that day, not sure if he did the smaller 6 and 7's but clearly that day he was sober as they look ok

Your  not wrong the new T8 looks ghastly!! All NH had to do was stretch the T8000 bonnet and instantly it would look right but instead they stretched it alright and then gave it to a 9 yr old to style it UGHHHH!

We have a lot of  new T6090/6080s with the dramatic "V" shaped headlamps and xenon cab lights (round versions) zooming through the village mainly pulling 18ton onion trailers and they really look the bees knees and so do the bigger booted T7000s but these new T8s.............yuk!

SIKU cannot seem to make half decent New Hollands or Fords for that matter, though in my opinion there JDs and Deutz models look petty good and i have a few myself, That Britains T8 looks good and i will get one i think.. 8)

In SIKUs defence though i suppose it not a bad attempt from a company that makes hundreds of different models from "matchbox" police cars to huge cranes!!.