Spalding Model Tractor Show Spring 2012

milo

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good show, awesome laugh Saturday evening. Some really great friends.

Thanks to you all came and said hello (well nearly all of you) The missus actually thinks you lot are superb..I'm not so sure :-*

Missed the ugly big nosed kiss n cuddle but I'm sure he will make it up to me.

Love to all you fellow weirdos

Thank's Mike,need to steer David in Niels direction, >:D >:D;) ;),also who did the grass header for the 30,000th

Regards

Joe.

The Class was on Niels stand and had superb detail.

The black header was done by Peter (Convo ) as was the gold JD and NH.

something that supprised me was that apart from g&m, nearly every stand was taking cash only. is this the norm? will be handy for new people to know who are going next time. i was glad i had stuffed a wad into my back pocket, as i didnt see a cash machine in there.

Sue

there was a mad scramble towartds the end of the day with 3 people taking it in turns to try and better each others scores however, as there were 3 prizes it didn't really matter who won (although the best time was still 27 seconds). Andy took a photo of the 3 winners together so it will probably be in the next magazine but I'm afraid I don't know their names.

First Place was Mr Brooks with 27.96 seconds

Second place was Mr King with 30.00 seconds

Third Place was Mr Motson with 31.70 seconds.

The times plumeted compared to the start of the day. It was a tricky course so thanks and well done to everyone who took part. :)

Guted I missed all this excitement.... but pleased not to have had to kiss and cuddle Bazza all the same.... sorry I missed you all... I am GUTTED that I actually had to do some work for a change.. who's bloody silly idea was it to buy a tractor >:( :'(

Not as far as I know but Mr Brooks has subscribed to Model Farmer - form filled and payment made on the spot

Excellent new's Sue ...the only Mr Brook's I knew was a wood work teacher at Cults Academy which I attended who turned to a paint ball...ing.....which well ,,,does not float my boat...but each to ones one ;D

while you could have played with models instead! .. missed you big nowseee, but the rest of the company made up for it though..

had a great time and so did Kaat, although she had a slight hangover on sunday morning... :D

got home yesterday late and just unpacked the stuff i brought home with me.. way too much of course, but am mighty pleased with what i was able to add to the evergrowing collection :D

always a pleasure to see David, Andy, Sue/Barbara, Mandy, Barry, Steve, Mike & Sharon(someone over here is mighty pleased with the piri piri), Richard, Dave, John, Erik & Marianne, Niels "Onion Rings" and dont forget Jax! (Barry was actually quite behaving himself, was very nice to meet you) and i am probably forgetting a few here!

next year we better book the Frankie & Benny's place for food though, so we can all eat together, nevertheless Sue, Mike and Sharon are great company :D.. and then grab a couple of pints on our way to the hotel ;)

The Class was on Niels stand and had superb detail.

The black header was done by Peter (Convo ) as was the gold JD and NH.

Thank's John,guessed it was one of Peter's,he must have been quick off the mark,I only received mine today,pictures tomorrow ;)

Regards

Joe.

... and you and Kaat are great company too, Wil. How on earth can a pub/restaurant run out of food on a Saturday? If we had left it another half an hour we would have been steakless too!

Barry/Claude was certainly on his best behaviour (apart from calling me Barbara but what's in a name?) although we do not know what he got up to over at the Itlaian!

didnt they need warning last year before we desended?? sure andy had to tell them in advance friday?? or early sat how many were coming, either way thats not good, clearly its gone down hill since last year?? i know sunday eve was dead when me and tris stayed over before the simba trip,

Errm Well I am sure that not everyone agreed that I was well behaved..as I'm not quite sure what that actually means

Must admit the pub was shocking and tried to tell us it was last orders at 10pm when we arrived back from the Italian

We all had a smashing evening ..despite Barbara, the mad dutch woman, Pammy, Jaxs & Hazel's shocking behaviour :-*

didnt they need warning last year before we desended?? sure andy had to tell them in advance friday?? or early sat how many were coming, either way thats not good, clearly its gone down hill since last year?? i know sunday eve was dead when me and tris stayed over before the simba trip,

Last year I did tell them in the afternoon that there would be a crowd of us but they did not care. It was "party should book" or words to that effect depite saying we were not a party as such but I think we again have new publicans. I saw a notice outside about Early Bird meals from 5 pm and they were busy serving food then. However I still cannot understand how they could run out of steaks on a Saturday night by 7pm! We (Mike, Sharon and myself) wanted rib eye steaks and those were already gone so we had to have rump and I suspect we had the last of those

• 2 months later...