UH Ford 7610

spanner

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said earlier, the Marge 7610 is expensive but it is almost 100% accurate. I will have to knock the beer on the head for a bit to get it past the wife, but I will be having the Marge 7610.

The UH model is never going to be anywhere near that level of accuracy, and the bit thats not correct is the business end!!!

The wheels are wrong on the Marge model, as is the air intake. Not too sure about the working lights either.

1982-92 aprox

96-97hp

As if you care  :laugh: :laugh:

The 7610 had 103 HP & the  7610 Force 3  had 105HP.

The 7600 had 97 HP alright & the Powerplus 7600 had 103HP.

The 7000 had 94 HP.

Now i maybe wrong but those figs are going by FORD sales brochures of the era. Classic Tractor mag & Stewart Gibbards book the FORD TRACTOR STORY.

i have just looked in salesman handbook for 7610, service bulletin for its launch, a spec sheet and various brochures too ! so i know the answer  :D . but as usual so does everybody else so carry on lads, i am not saying because the amount of aggro you get on here these days someone else always knows better IN GENERAL.  So from now on i am no longer prepared to share ford and ford new holland knowledge which i gained as a fully trained technician. RIP boreham house training school great times had there

The 7610 Force 2 had 103 HP & the  7610 Force 3  had 105HP.

The 7600 had 97 HP alright & the Powerplus 7600 had 103HP.

The 7000 had 94 HP.

Now i maybe wrong but those figs are going by FORD sales brochures of the era. Classic Tractor mag & Stewart Gibbards book the FORD TRACTOR STORY.

The Force 1 7610 had 97HP

Maybe Stuart Gibbard is wrong so. Its like the way he states it the 10 series Force 1 tractors inherted the PowerPlus 600 series engines which makes alot of sence with the quest for power in a small package to meet farmers demands in the era. The 7610 did leap on power from the 7600s  old power fig of 97HP you would think. The Powerplus 7600s did finsh their production run with a 103 HP rating,so why would Ford drop the power rating on the 7610 back down to 97HP when it could have had 103 HP? Sorry guys it makes no sence! :-\ Come on Nick a . Tell us & end off. ;)

i have the first print original sales brouchure fron 1981 and is says 103 hp i can bring this to mitchelstown to show this to anyone who doubts me  so john and the other couple who said 97 are wrong

Ha ha . Great Denis. I knew i was right! ;D I picked up on of those brouchers at the Cork Summer show years ago at the show grounds & had those powerfigs off by heart as a young lad.  Those brouchers are well gone by the way. :'(

An internet search brought up 97hp, 100hp, 101hp and 103hp

So i'd say rated horse power is between 97 and 103hp (Gross!!)  :laugh:

Maybe different hp results are provided by different people and in different literature because different tractors were used on different measuring machines?

Anyway, i'd like to know Nick's answer  :) 

I know I'm 88 and I can guarantee on Marky's favourite scampi and chips that the one we had was 97hp..even me n the old man agree on that  :laugh: :laugh:

..but maybe a can of worms has been opened and I'm sure there must of been differences ;) Mr Nigel Ford will know as he used to race to ploughing matches despite some dodgy over taking with the oldman.

Heres another nice one from the same year that Marky is gonna buy for me

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/farm-tractor/1888473/ford-7610.html

Yeah i did. Cant say thats offical ether.  :-\ Maybe ye got the 97HP ones in the UK & WE GOT THE 103HP ones .  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wouldn't surprise me. In the UK a 7610 2wd would be asked to pull an 8 tonne tandem axle with brakes, and lights, and all sorts of mad yokes.

In Ireland it would be asked to pull a tandem axle, alloy body, chopped down 8x4, with greedy boards, to Carlow and back before breakfast, so you could get the bus to school.

Wouldn't surprise me. In the UK a 7610 2wd would be asked to pull an 8 tonne tandem axle with brakes, and lights, and all sorts of mad yokes.

In Ireland it would be asked to pull a tandem axle, alloy body, chopped down 8x4, with greedy boards, to Carlow and back before breakfast, so you could get the bus to school.

Your parents were wrong to allow you to drive at such a young age, naughty!  ;D

Archived