UH Ford 7610

spanner

:) I just heard that MarGe models have competition with their Ford 7610 as Universal Hobbies are about to ship their version of the 7610 in 1:32nd Scale and will be producing Gen 1,2 and 3 model all around £35.00. This will be interesting. !

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doubt marge would allow anyone else to do 7610 models after what they paid for the rights paul, thats probally part of the reason they are costing so much

could well be right there,i have'nt heard uh are doing 7610's but they might be,perhaps spanner has inside info

UH model: £35 Marge Model: £58 or there about. I like UH models in general, but the rear linkages are terrible, so the Marge wins hands down for accuracy.

I have ordered the Marge 7610 and I have a few conversion plans for the model, I think its a cracker. I had thought of doing them with the UH 7810, but after the PMA linkage, front weights and touch up paints, which comes to about £18, plus the time, the UH model is now knocking on the door of the Marge, and is still not going to be as polished... I don't think Marge should be worried.

How do you know that UH are not? Noone seems to know either way with fact yet. For a non posting member to suddenly appear with a rumour, it would be nice to hear where, how or by whom it was started. . .

Tell me gents  :-\ .........how do you no all this ifo about what UH IS bringing out ............does one have a mole ??? ?

And that thing you call your nose and Diane mentioned that you had another somewhere else ..yuk  :laugh: :laugh:

Tell me gents  :-\ .........how do you no all this ifo about what UH IS bringing out ............does one have a mole ??? ?

I cannot speak for others but only for little ole me, as a trade customer of UH we get a production schedule through every quarter (not completely accurate) and we do occasionally speak to the directors and employees of UH who are happy to discuss various subjects

How do you know that UH are not? Noone seems to know either way with fact yet. For a non posting member to suddenly appear with a rumour, it would be nice to hear where, how or by whom it was started. . .

Cause im looking all over the net for it & no joy. It is a rumour. Probably some guy that mistaked D Towses convo for it.

the way uh are jack booting over other makes does get anoying at times, such a shame they cant see the other gaps in the market and do say david browns, case 1690s , other fords like a tw35 or 15?? 8210, decent old time implements to go with them , stuff like that, fill the mf gaps with say more 100 series 200 series 600's, 2000 series, theres a huge range of combines tht could be done, the markets far  than big enough for all to exsist without taking others ideas,

In reality it can't be avoided in a commercial business such as UH . Do we really expect them to pick models with a lesser appeal ?

As these classics become more popular they will enter the radar of large organisations such as UH and others. Whilst I admire the likes of Marge models having the cahunas to take the plunge and make a model such as this.. The real skill in the deal is to build a watertight contract that will prohibit the likes of the competition producing the same or similar model. Or in the absence of obtaining such a deal then you knowingly take the risk.

It's a dog eat dog world, the world of commerce.. Darwinian really.. Sad but a fact of life none the less  ;)

Archived