UH Ford 7610

spanner

In reality it can't be avoided in a commercial business such as UH . Do we really expect them to pick models with a lesser appeal ?

As these classics become more popular they will enter the radar of large organisations such as UH and others. Whilst I admire the likes of Marge models having the cahunas to take the plunge and make a model such as this.. The real skill in the deal is to build a watertight contract that will prohibit the likes of the competition producing the same or similar model. Or in the absence of obtaining such a deal then you knowingly take the risk.

It's a dog eat dog world, the world of commerce.. Darwinian really.. Sad but a fact of life none the less  ;)

Now that's deep for you ;D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is no way of knowing when both companys got the license,i must say i dont see uh waiting for other companies to bring out models and then they copy that,think of the lead time,these 2 such items were announced very closely together,and it comes back to simply cost to us,the purchaser,die hard ford fans will get both,most will get the uh

Heaveeeeeee man... [glow=red,2,300]I've been smoking a joint all afternoon [/glow] :)

Disclaimer: not really kids.. Drugs are for mugs we all know that... Right  ;)

How is that gammon coming allong ;);D

there is no way of knowing when both companys got the license,i must say i dont see uh waiting for other companies to bring out models and then they copy that,think of the lead time,these 2 such items were announced very closely together,and it comes back to simply cost to us,the purchaser,die hard ford fans will get both,most will get the uh

Very good point, unless Ford licence people divulge the info on who has applied for a licence, how would ant of the company's know. Does seem a shame that the same model is being produced though.

Mark is right. . . Apart from the bit about drugs. . . :D :D (JOKE!)

The only reason these two 7610 models have come so close together (UH havn't announced it themselves though ? ) should the rumours be true is because UH want people to hang back and buy their model as opposed to Marge Models' one. If Marge had not released their 7610, we'd not know what UH were planning until mid way through next year.

Hi all ....a slight change from UH 76'S ....regarding these Margie 7610's .............do they have the right front wafer weights and block .......because there Q CABS pre 85 ..........Super Q was next 85 onwards with new type weight block  \ weights .........any takers

the way uh are jack booting over other makes does get anoying at times, such a shame they cant see the other gaps in the market and do say david browns, case 1690s , other fords like a tw35 or 15?? 8210, decent old time implements to go with them , stuff like that, fill the mf gaps with say more 100 series 200 series 600's, 2000 series, theres a huge range of combines tht could be done, the markets far  than big enough for all to exsist without taking others ideas,

Agree. UH clashed with DBPs MF240 also if we remember & now this. Why not a 7710,8210 or a TW.

Two different companies got licences for the Fiat 110-90

It's a shame that potentially collectors are going to have to choose Marge or uh. The trouble with the ford license is that it's only the oval badge that licenses are awarded for. I don't think they can specify tractors as it's no longer a tractor company. New holland I guess would have that power, if any. Either way I don't think the 7610 will stay in the news for very long...there's something else stirring...in the bushes..

As I said earlier, the Marge 7610 is expensive but it is almost 100% accurate. I will have to knock the beer on the head for a bit to get it past the wife, but I will be having the Marge 7610.

The UH model is never going to be anywhere near that level of accuracy, and the bit thats not correct is the business end!!!

Archived