UH Ford 7610

spanner

A very good point you made there Mark. Well that is most likely what will happen unless they show the model and discuss it with someone in the know about that particular model. Originality is a very very difficult thing to get correct as I know from the vintage tractor scene ;) ;)

the 10 series were not one of fords most reliable series of tractors, often things changed on them anyway. it has to be remembered they were working tractors so would be modified to fix problems as they occurred. that could explain  some unusual features also additions made by the owner out of their preference.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad had a 1984 6610 2wd which was not really man enough for his MF30 4m drill so it went back to the dealer and was fitted with an Opico turbo complete with straight through chrome exhaust :P  I have fond memories of this tractor with a front weight box, trelleborg floatations on the front and duals on the rear whistling away with the drill in tow :) :) :)

I will wait to see the Marge in the flesh and try to replicate in 1.32 :P :P :P :P

the tractor that the marg model is based on may have had those wheels fitted to it so like uh did with the 7810 and the massey 3080 can prob only copy what they can see on the machine they were measuring. i'm glad there are  all these new fords coming out just wish we had them when the real ones were released .

That's a surprise that it wasn't man enough for a 4m drill Paul as my dad use to use a 6m Accord DT mounted drill on his 6610 without any trouble.

depends on the soil ect to mark, suffolk soil can be pretty clay and flinty,ours certainly was , but grew well crop wise where as fens soil always looks very fine from what i have seen

The bottom line answer to the question is that fords official rating was 103 horsepower. I find it amazing that people are so arrogant as to question mr stuart gibbards information  after all the time and effort he put into his research too.  97 horsepower as an official rating for a ford 7610 is 100% wrong wrong wrong you cannot always believe what you read on the internet.

Thank you Nick a. I was right in saying 103hp from the beginning.  I would never doubt Stuart Gibbard hard research ether. His book is a great read for all die-hard FORD fans like myself. It was lots of power in its day from a tractor of that size. A classic & a pocket rocket is the best way to describe the 7610.

I know what the soil is like in Suffolk Sean as I lived there when I was a boy and the farm I was on about where my dad worked was between Mildenhall and Newmarket ;)

Tuddenham test centre ;)  I lived 1 mile away up until last year and have seen many of the pre production ford/new hollands over the years from  a  Ford 4055 when I was a nipper in the early 70s right up until the T7000 badged up as a TM175 (yeah right) which I was the first to take a picture of and have it appear in the press (classic tractor ::) )

• 1 month later...

So we will have 3 types of 7600's to chose from,

#1 Britains Delux cab version

#2 Britains Q-cab version due soon

#3 and now a UH 7600 of some kind.

Sorry  now but Britains kinda had this tractor covered. Why did UH not focus on a Ford that Britains or any other model manufacture did not have covered like a 4600 or 7700 maybe! Real bad move by UH in my opoinon! >:(

So we will have 3 types of 7600's to chose from,

#1 Britains Delux cab version

#2 Britains Q-cab version due soon

#3 and now a UH 7600 of some kind.

Sorry  now but Britains kinda had this tractor covered. Why did UH not focus on a Ford that Britains or any other model manufacture did not have covered like a 4600 or 7700 maybe! Real bad move by UH in my opoinon! >:(

What if it was a fritzmeire cabed one,Its likely as they were common on mainland europe,would be a treat for any one from Ireland as they were more common than the q cab

What if it was a fritzmeire cabed one,Its likely as they were common on mainland europe,would be a treat for any one from Ireland as they were more common than the q cab

Well it appears to be 1/43 scale now! That i never  knew  that till now,so wrong scale for me anyways! But a Fritz would be the job. ON A 4600 for a change! ;D Too many 7600's of all scales knocking around now.

So to clarify (I have a sense of deja vu here) - is the general opinion that in 1/32 scale, UH will NOT be producing a 7610 model and be leaving Marge Models to it?

All we need is someone to do one of the big 6 cylinder models - 7710, 7910, 8210 or TW15!

So to clarify (I have a sense of deja vu here) - is the general opinion that in 1/32 scale, UH will NOT be producing a 7610 model and be leaving Marge Models to it?

All we need is someone to do one of the big 6 cylinder models - 7710, 7910, 8210 or TW15!

We have a few 6 cyl models now. Its 3 cyl models is whats wanted in 1/32. MF fans have their 35x,135 & 240. Ford fans need a 3cyl something or other also. I know Britains & UH are treating us Ford fans now,so maybe we're asking for too much all at once. on the other hand. :-\

• 1 year later...

All this arguing over the correct horsies is a red herring-we are talking about models and surely whats more important is the accuracy of the models but it seems a lot of farm model collectors are unable to grasp this ie the amount of missinformation on the forums is unreal.Take the Britains 5000/7000 idiots on this forum waffled on about it being some strange scale like 1/30 but if you examine the bonnet and compare to the likes of the uh 5000 it is apparent the bonnets are exactly the same dimensions apart from one glaring mistake. That is the instrument cowl and fuel tank is too long making the model appear bigger but nobody has to my knowledge commented on this, perhaps a bit of putting brain in gear before committing to print should be in order.

• 1 month later...

I wouldent turn one down if offerd it

ild love to see all the fords released since 2006 britains and UH all together in their chronological real life order from the UH ford 5000 super major to the latest releases

I wouldent grumble if I was a member of the ford massive one bit as it seems nearly every models being coverd by imber marge uh britains (exept 3 cylinder models ) ild be very happy :)

Archived