Universal Hobbies 2012 - 1:32

AJH

The 690 looks terrible, the front is too low down and the wheels are awful. Its a real shame as the model promised so much. Same for the 390. Although I'm sure with a little work these could be improved.

The 6290 looks okay, but doesn't look right in my book, quite tempted by it though. Would need new wheels and the front links changing to make it more like the one we have at work.

Hats off to UH for the 2000 series ones though, they look fantastic

• Like 1

oh dear,oh dear, the 2620 and 2640 are good apart from the rear wheels,but the others,get your level out,all sloping downhill and whats with the wheels and the colour of them,some very bad research done there,and the cab on the 6290,,awful,how can they produce many stunning models and produce these,its like 2 different companys

Edited by paulali

Woeful attempts at 690 and 390. 690 is far to sloped and looks like 1 off them character toy cars where they slope the bonnet way up!!!

The 390 isn't much better. Looks like they have mounted the mirrors upside down and the exhaust is bent. Also the rear wheels are far too big which also makes the bonnet look sloped, and the lights on the cab and mudguard are wrong.

Front tyres and rims don't look right on either 390 or 690 think it might just be too low profile tyre and the rim not being solid centred.

The 6290 doesn't look too bad but front linkage is disappointing. Also think there is something wrong with the back mudguards.

The 2620 and 2640 don't look too bad apart from the usual problem of narrow wheels.

The 390 is an especially big disappointment as i was looking forward to them so much :-:-:-

Universal Hobbies have let themselves down big style here,

I was really hoping to finally get a Universal Hobbies Massey that wouldn't end up with a price tag of almost double the cost of the production model due to having to buy parts to correct the mistakes

I'm throughly disappointed...

bloody hell, whats going on with the 690 and 390????? 690 looks like a matchbox attempt?? the 390?? the brouchure says thats ment to be 4wd???? either way, them two are way way way out from being accurate, and i hope mf say "no way" to letting them go out as well, not in a million miles will i buy a 690 looking like that, and i was really looking forward to that one to having spent many a happy hour working in our two

• Like 1

I think we are now seeing why it took so long for these to break cover. If you go back and look at the pre production mock ups at the start of the thread you can see just how badly wrong this has gone, the mock ups were pretty near spot on by comparison.

This is UH, I wont hold my breath for them being corrected before release.... and they still have that crappy rear link!

i dont think i have ever seen a 600 series with those rear hub types either, a 390 yes, and a 290 to, our had that type fitted, but no 690's ,the front and rear wheels on the 2620 would be more in keeping for the 690, infact the 2620 front axel would be the easiest way for uh to sort it front wise, looks about right else were going by them pics

also is it me or does the cab on the 6290 look a bit wrong??? the front on pic looks ok, but the side shot and the roof look wrong??? the backs to upright and the roof just looks wrong

I was just looking at the MarGe Models County and thought that was bad! ;D . Seems UH is shoving out so much models these days they can't actually be bothered to go and look at a real example or see if it is even remotely correct!

What is wrong with all these model manufacturers! Never thought I'd say it but: I want Siku/Britains/Ertl back and be able to complain about what isn't coming out and saying it looks undetailed ^-^

Guys maybe the MF690 is one of the early HI-Vis ha ha! like the MF3065/MF6140 This could be the start of UH using bits off other models so they can save money they really should get the MF390 right the MF300's were one of MF's best sellers apart from MF135.

Edited by BOB3085

You know it's strange,but the guy's over on GTP are saying almost exactly the same as you guy's here on FTF,here are some quotes

Thank you for the link, the 2620 & 2640 okay, but the 390 and especially the 690 big disappointment .....

The 690 looks like it has a bonnet,: x But for driving its big brother the 698, the bin lid is not risk to forget

I hope the gray metal at the 2620 motor is not definitive. It wastes a little model.

2640 is the most successful of the four, it is a shame for 2WD models

I hope this one is not final

UH will be monitoring GTP / FTF etc,so maybe some changes will be made,UH being French an all,

Regards

Joe,

• Like 1

The thing is, the changes will go right back to the tooling design, although we see the bad end result, this is the end of a long process, all of which is now defunked. For us it's a hobby, no big deal. For them it's business and a mistake on one model must cost a fortune but to get this many wrong in one hit is a huge balls up. I'd love to know what gets done about it.

I'd have loved to have seen the faces of the production team when the feedback started coming in! :D

• Like 2