Chris whitehead memorial show

lakeland

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not good with names of the various exhibitors but there was a really good variety and everyone put on a special effort for the show.

Unfortunately the appalling weather kept the numbers down but they did manage to raise £1825 which was split evenly between the two chosen charities, Clic Sergeant cancer research and the North West Air Ambulance

That is an excellent amount of money raised Mike and well I had a gut feeling this show was going to be a success.

Well done to all involved in helping Paul and Lynn ( ncluding Harold Powlton and Damian & Hazel Hampson and yourself and any others helping in the background) make this show a success.... I'm sure Chris would have been proud of you all..... and I hope the Aberdeen show next Sunday ( 7 sleeps away) does as well....

PS It was brilliant sunshine today in most of Aberdeen and the shire but we should maybe say our prayers tonight to get rain for Sunday the 6th of June to encourage more spectators to come to an inside show :huh:

Must say despite the weather I had an absolutely brilliant day catching up with friends old and new, and supporting the two main charities at the show. I'll post up selection of photographs i've taken in due course. However here's one particular model i'm very proud to have brought home with me and all for a great cause.....

P1160381.jpg

Bill we put your name down for the cake since you said you like chocolate cake and its a beauty as you will see next sunday ,Damian is in charge of transporting the masterpiece to the show, had a great day met up with a plenty of friends and ftf members and contributed towards an excellent cause roll on next sunday now looking forward now.

Just home, and unloaded. unpacking can wait!.

Many thanks to all that come and supported us today and help raise so much for two well deserved charities, The Auction tractors so kindly built and donated by Damian, The cakes by my mum, The plates and books by Dads Tractors, paintings by Brian Oldroyd, All the Printing and Computer work by Hazel, All the helpers we had tonight, and yesterday, Harold and jane with help in organising. There are alot of people that need to be thanked especially Phil and Joan with their butty van and their proper butties :)

Winners list in full,

Senior Model Display,

1st Farmer Dave Arthur, Farm Diorama,

2nd Graham Carr, Demolition and Plant Display

3rd Andrew Ainsworth, 1/25th scale Trucks and Trailers

Junior Model Display,

1st Mathew Dewhurst, Foraging Display,

2nd Liam and Shane Mason, Farming Diorama

3rd Benjamin Pullen, Farming Diorama

Full Size Tractors,

1st, David (Jack) Winder, 1963 Fordson New Performance Super Major,

2nd, Andy (Ashcon) Hodkinson, 1994 7840

3rd Thomas & Graham Dixon , Valtra Valmet 6400 with Botex Crane and Grab, and drum winch

Best In Show and winner of the Chrome 7810 Trophy Cake,

Damian Hampson, Farm Diorama and 1/16th JCB and County Dump Trailers Displays

That is an excellent amount of money raised Mike and well I had a gut feeling this show was going to be a success.

Well done to all involved in helping Paul and Lynn ( ncluding Harold Powlton and Damian & Hazel Hampson and yourself and any others helping in the background) make this show a success.... I'm sure Chris would have been proud of you all..... and I hope the Aberdeen show next Sunday ( 7 sleeps away) does as well....

PS It was brilliant sunshine today in most of Aberdeen and the shire but we should maybe say our prayers tonight to get rain for Sunday the 6th of June to encourage more spectators to come to an inside show :huh:

Bill, you will miss the Aberdeen model show if you wait until then ::) ::):D:)

Well done on the show Paul, looks to have been a roaring success :)

Edited by brianih634

Well I have to say I'm glad I caught the show for half an hour on my way back from Glasgow with Traci. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to put some money in the tin so to speak and have a look around. I really like the EMEK Volvo FH12 with 'C Whitehead' on the doors, nice touch. Also as part of the same display were Pauls logging Majors and a Land Rover full of logs. Brilliant work, Paul. Traci was fascinated by Damiens display too, the work in the making and details - especially the 'Rottie' pups, pheasant, rabbits...

Wish we could have made it earlier but we left the hotel later and the weather down was atrocious.

Round of applause for the organisers and all the traders/exhibitors for getting up there and doing their bit for a good cause. Nice to catch some of you as we flew round a bit quick.

:):wub:

Bill, you will miss the Aberdeen model show if you wait until then ::) ::):D:)

Well done on the show Paul, looks to have been a roaring success :)

Yes Brian get confused with numbers and dates when off duty ;D ;D

BILL whats on on the 6th of june? or is it joe

Only 6 sleeps away now Brian 8)