For Marky Ferguson!

harvey123

I'm absolutely certain I remember a 294C making the best part of £5,000 at a farm sale in Lincolnshire that was featured in Classic Tractor a few years back. This is the only Massey Ferguson crawler i've photographed in the flesh to date. It's a 154C belonging to a chap my Dad used to work for.

DSC05800.jpg

DSC05803.jpg

DSC05805.jpg

DSC05814.jpg

Don't ROS do a model of these, sure I saw one on Ebay the other week?

It would appear they did indeed once do a 1/32nd 294C having just carried out a little search. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CINGOLATO-MASSEY-FERGUSON-294C-ROS-1-32-METAL-DIE-CAST-/280669803649?pt=Modellismo_Statico&hash=item4159395481

They do indeed... and a 1:24 scale version as well.. I have both .. anyone want to see them ???

Cracking pictures David.... My mate John Farnworth has a lovely 134c .. just right for ploughing matches that :P

Thanks Mark, and yes please. Do enjoy threads like this appearing on the forum that high light the real machines and the models produced to represent them. The chap who has the 154c for match ploughing bought it because he wanted something (A.) different, and (B.) easier to transport than the County Ploughman P55 and 4 furrow Ransomes TS-46 he was using previously. :)

Edited by walterderwent

Lurking in my Dad's archives from his career as a plant machinery operative is this photograph he took over thirty years ago of a JCB 806, Case 850 tracked loader and in the centre, specific to this thread a Massey Ferguson 200B tracked loader. It was bought as an ex-demonstrater by the company my Dad worked for at the time. All three machines were being used to help level and clear an old slurry lagoon on a farm at Gristhorpe near Filey.

dig15.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

MF200B_Page_1.jpg

Oooo I just love those 200B's David.. I know of one sat in a field around here rotting and I cant find who owns it... it NEEDS some loving... they were a very capable little site machine so I am told mate... what did dad think of it do you know ?

I'll snap some of the crawlers shortly... although it's probably best to wait for some sunlight now I suspect knowing my picture taking

Oooo I just love those 200B's David.. I know of one sat in a field around here rotting and I cant find who owns it... it NEEDS some loving... they were a very capable little site machine so I am told mate... what did dad think of it do you know ?

I'll snap some of the crawlers shortly... although it's probably best to wait for some sunlight now I suspect knowing my picture taking

Having just discussed the photograph of my Dad's further and shown him the image of the brochure you very kindly posted with him Mark he's absolutely convinced the machine being used alongside his Case tracked loader is in fact a larger 300 and not a 200.

He remember's it being bought as an ex-demonstrater to replace an older Caterpillar example. Whilst my Dad spent the majority of his days plying his trade with the Case, which he was a huge fan of, he did spend a weekend aboard the Massey Ferguson and thought it was a very capable machine but still felt the Case was the more agile and responsive of the two. He does appreciate though had he spent more time in the seat of the MF his opinion may well have been different.

I'd love to see some photographs ( as would my Dad ) of the 200B you're aware of Mark and any further brochures you may have on the subject. He was lucky enough to operate a good many more different types of tracked loader in his 43 years as a plant operator, right up to the more modern rear engined Caterpillars. "Those were the days" as he keeps telling me. :)

Brilliant brochure Mark, there's a scratch build or two in there :) When did they stop doing the industrial machines, or do they still do some now?

Seconded, absolutely fantastic brochure showing off Massey Ferguson's plant range. Thanks for sharing that one Mark. It's certainly stirred up plenty of memories for Dad too. He spent nearly a month operating a 450D tracked excavator on a road building job near York many, many years ago. It was later replaced by a more modern JCB 800 series machine. :)