Anyone Make It To The Somerset Tractor Show This Weekend?

Howard_S

I just went to the toy fair, and bought some useful plastic figures from Adrian Little (who doesn't usually bring much plastic to the fairs): F.G.Taylor bull, harness horse, lying cow and Shetland Pony, plus 4 Britains plastic hen based on lead mould (Orpington type, for those who know their hen breeds) and 1 black plastic pig from the lead mould. I already have several, but this one was a late version with 'England' underneath, which I didn't have before.

From another dealer I bought a plastic Crescent farmer with shotgun, in excellent condition with nearly complete paint (paint has flaked off decades ago on most Crescent figures).

Got some other stuff as well, but the rest wasn't farm. Perhaps nicest, and only £5, was a lead Heyde parrot in large scale, one of their nick-nack, ornament range. Got a couple of their large scale dogs as well.

I just went to the toy fair, and bought some useful plastic figures from Adrian Little (who doesn't usually bring much plastic to the fairs): F.G.Taylor bull, harness horse, lying cow and Shetland Pony, plus 4 Britains plastic hen based on lead mould (Orpington type, for those who know their hen breeds) and 1 black plastic pig from the lead mould. I already have several, but this one was a late version with 'England' underneath, which I didn't have before.

From another dealer I bought a plastic Crescent farmer with shotgun, in excellent condition with nearly complete paint (paint has flaked off decades ago on most Crescent figures).

Got some other stuff as well, but the rest wasn't farm. Perhaps nicest, and only £5, was a lead Heyde parrot in large scale, one of their nick-nack, ornament range. Got a couple of their large scale dogs as well.

Now I know why there wasn't much left when we arrived! ;)

I bought a lead *** Cottage, a lead Pixyland-Kew fox and some plastics (also from Adrian), including a black Britains scratching foal for the collection :)

I actually did not buy anything! My friend (who is not a collector of toys) DID make a purchase. There were a few traders missing but the road conditions all around Somerset are not good but there seemed to be plenty of people about.

You bought something, Sue (even if it's momentarily disappeared!)

I was there today, clear road all the way up but was icy in the car park at 10 o'clock. I've got some pictures I can post if anyone wants to see them.

I think I saw Rory Day from Classic Tractor there taking pics :-

He certainly was and look forward to his report. Please do post some pics please!!! :)