Roadless Tractors - A Pictorial Guide By Ftf

FordTractorCrazy

A very wet rally at the 2009 Deeside Steam and vintage rally

This Roadless was doing some rectification work to the churned up field.

Crathes105.jpg

A 115

Crathes114.jpg

I can't recall if this was a Roadless Dexta or not :huh:

Crathes062.jpg

Crathes063.jpg

I can't remember about this one either...don't have the rally program to hand :unsure:

Crathes091.jpg

thanks David and Bill, an awesome start of the topic filled with loads of great pictures of roadless conversions and Roadless tractors... i have loved every second of going through this topic with all the (mostly beautifully restored) vintage tractors you both have captured at rally's! makes me want to go to one of the bigger rallies in Holland next July...

keep 'm coming everyone! :D

Well Wil that is how in my opinion a true restoration should be...like it left the factory. Too may restorer's and or "cheque book" collector's send their tractor's to professional spray painters who will produce a brilliant finish in two pack paint which all of today's classic or vintage tractors were never painted in when they left the factory. Good paint finishes can be obtained using old cellulose or enamel based paints ( if they can still be obtained in this age of water based paints)...I still have excess stock of paint for the tractors I have restored ;D ;D

This topic made me realise that I have some Roadless pictures from the North West Tractor Show that used to take place at Myerscough College, unfortunately the show is no more as it was quite close to me

Tractors069.jpg

Tractors068.jpg

Tractors067.jpg

Tractors066.jpg

Thanks for all your kind comments regards my own Roadless related photographs taken by both my Dad and myself. Some fantastic contributions in here. Great to see George Yarwood's stunning collection getting plenty of coverage. My personal favourite though is the grey bonnet 6/4 Ploughmaster from Mike's set of photographs, lovely looking tractor.

Thanks Bill, yes I hope folks will add or let me add their pics and info to www.Roadless-tractors.co.uk

H

You're more than welcome to any of my photographs Howard.

......and Wil i'd absolutely love to head over to the Panningen rally at some point in the future. Especially having read magazine reports from this event for years, it looks like an amazing show. :)