Model farming kit competition

civilpek

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks i had to put in higher wattage bulbs for the effect :D :D :D

its worth it, looks like they have been working all day!!

suppose i better get my a$$ into gear and have a go! :D :D...i'll try not to use a JD ::)

its worth it, looks like they have been working all day!!

suppose i better get my a$$ into gear and have a go! :D :D...i'll try not to use a JD ::)

if you look at pics 6 & 10 it looks like the 82 with the centaur has got the roof lights on  ;)

Well here's the kit used to grow cereals on my farm...... :) :) :)

There are actually two farms which total around 1600 acres of varying soil typesl. Crops grown are usually wheat, barley and OSR however each year one 70 acre field is rented out for a crop of salad potatoes to a local farmer and another field is usually rented out to Huntapac Produce for a carrot crop.

(Pics of root crop kit will no doubt follow in another area of the competition  ???  ;))

The kit used on the farm for cereals is owned by the farmer who owns the land and is mainly New Holland's...... :) :) :)

For planting cereals the following machines are used:-

New Holland TM140 with 3 furrow reversible plough (really have to buy a new plough  ;))......

The land is then cultivated with the Simba Solo with Cambridge Roller in tandem usually pulled by the farm's new 05 Plate New Holland TS135-A......

New Holland TM140 on floats with combination drill is the planting machine and is usually loaded by the farm's Volvo L70C wheel-loader......

For fertiliser application a Ford 276 with Amazone ZAM trailed spreader is used......

why are all the tractor tyres on backwards martin ? thanks for the pics , makes a chance to see the blue  :)

Thanks Marcus......The TM on floats has its tyres on backwards because I took the tyres off to use on another tractor a few months ago and put them on backwards and never got around to changing them  :-[:D;)......

He's reducing wear mjb  ;) Cheep skate really arn't you mart, great for reverse drive mowing

Aye, I try to save as much money as possible...... :D;) ;)

useing both sides of the tyre before getting new tyres  ;)

Thankfully 1/32 tyres aren't too expensive...... :D;) ;)

judging from the last couple of months mart  a tm with a snow blower convo is in order  :)

Ate, you're not far wrong Marcus, will be interesting to see if this Winter will be as bad, but that's a wee way off yet so I'll look forward to Summer first...... ;) ;) ;)

Ate, you're not far wrong Marcus, will be interesting to see if this Winter will be as bad, but that's a wee way off yet so I'll look forward to Summer first...... ;) ;) ;)

some small adjustments to an old britains trailed forager sould do the trick ;)

heres my entry, i farm around 1900 acres of heavy holderness clay (hence high hp) i plough with a jd 8430 and 6f lemkin with plough press, leave to dry out abit, then pass with  a jd 8430t with 2 simba  presses in tamden, then a brace of jd 6920s dueled all round with 4m front presses and 4m power harrows go over it, 1 to 2 passes then a 6m drill combi on a jd 8430t does the drilling. an ageing jd 3350 pulls the 5 gang folding rollers. i also put a 6m folding power harrow on any spare big tractor when required.

combining is done with a claas lexion 600, and a pair of 3220 fastacs and marston trailers lead flat out!

spraying is done with a mb trac forward control sprayer and fert is applyied with a kuhn spinner with bag lift attachment on a 6920s (mf shown was on demo along with a terra trac lexion in the yard) a fendt 818 is on perminent hedge cutting contracts (some council work)

I also do a few small farms on a share farming basis (300 acres approx)  i have a bio drill on order to drill rape seed with a soil loosener to save establishment costs. the cropping is wheet, 2nd crop wheat, barley, rape on rotation. my forklifts are a jd 3200 and a jcb 526s. also 3 lorrys are used in a hauladge side line.