What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

Loads of John deeres,fendts,new Hollands cartin spuds between Perth and Aberdeen today,also deutzs ploughing,power Harrow drilling,two jds ph/drillin.mf ploughing.at least 4 potatoe harvesters going to and one guy baling silage near Forfar and a another baling up some straw to

Went past a immaculate orange Oliver on a lands end to John o groats charity run on Thursday, tractor will make it but the caravan on the support landy , hell no way,the drivers side wheel was wobbling all over the place,and it had a tarp strapped over its roof, so I guess it leaks to ;D;D

• 1 month later...

Tidy county 1174 with logging crane fitted , owned from new by the person I was speaking to, his county 944 with big which I the back , owned from 3 years old , and his ***** tractor as he called it a valtra 8650 with logging crane fitted , he also mentioned a pair of open county's he's got which are stored after restoring them, he wants to restore the 1174 with the crane in place restored to but he uses it 80% of the time as the valtra doesn't get into 3/4 of the places he logs  on Dartmoor, have know. Of them for a while but only ever seen the valtra, hopefully get some pics after Xmas if I can , the 1174 is very tidy anyway plenty of oil over it mind but very little rust that  I could see on the tin work given its work 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Barry said:

Was there lots of implements too Mark, and plenty of brochures etc?

MASSIVE show mate .. I don't think you could name much that wasn't there in all honesty. I can't believe how big kit is getting these days ... Tractors almost at 700hp ! .. BONKERS really.

Obviously I spent most of my time at the MF stand ... only popping out to go to the toilet at the John Deere stand :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Ferguson said:

MASSIVE show mate .. I don't think you could name much that wasn't there in all honesty. I can't believe how big kit is getting these days ... Tractors almost at 700hp ! .. BONKERS really.

Obviously I spent most of my time at the MF stand ... only popping out to go to the toilet at the John Deere stand :)

I hope you used the porta loos!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Ford fw60 and a case 4690. Ford s anew one to the place, but the case I have never seen move, that said its in good nick so must be used 

Its not every day you knock across an FW-60 Sean.. Pleasant surprise.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been putting up huge mileage this week, and I've seen lots of real classics working in farmyards all over the place. Today I saw a pre-87 6610 moving silage bales and a Massey 575 with a feeder wagon on't back. Too many John Qs to mention. NH T6010, TS115, FIAT 70-90, numerous Fendt 828s (including one of Murphys that is now working in Co. Kildare) and a number of old 300 Farmers in different yards. One yard I was in had a Massey 690 on a straw blower, with a full set of John Q weights on the front to keep her down. There was also a 7610-II on the mill.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On our holiday up here in Scotland visting my wife's family.a mc cormmic ploughing near Keith Morayshire.a Massey ploughing near Keith too.big jcb 416 with grain bucket near Buckie.fendt with grimme tato harvester near Buckie on road.jcb fastrac 3170 pulling Stewart dump trailer between Buckie and Keith.

Edited by dave the farmer

Went on a road trip up the midlands today and saw some nice old machinery.

Pre-1987 Carlow reg Deutz DX120 2wd. Very nice.

Lots of Leylands and David Browns.

A yard full of very tidy, and working, Zetors.

Lots of 90 series Fiats.

A couple of very tidy 40 series John Qs.

And oodles of Basildon beauties of various ages.

• Like 1

What part of the Midlands were you around Stan

17 hours ago, SPN said:

Went on a road trip up the midlands today and saw some nice old machinery.

Pre-1987 Carlow reg Deutz DX120 2wd. Very nice.

Lots of Leylands and David Browns.

A yard full of very tidy, and working, Zetors.

Lots of 90 series Fiats.

A couple of very tidy 40 series John Qs.

And oodles of Basildon beauties of various ages.

Saw my first Fendt 1050 coming round a roundabout near Ely cambs on Wednesday pulling  a 6 metre trio cultivator behind it,  looked very impressive and later discovered it wa one of Agcos own UK demo tractors on loan to TNS.

Also got some as yet undeveloped photos of a big MF8737 bed forming and saw a broken down JD8370R with large blue pearson ridger on the back of it stranded by the side of the road!