What did you see today that made you laugh?

;D Very rare to see anything written in Scot's dialect,but I've just read our local RSPB nature reserve report,tricky for me to read,some of you guy's South of Carlisle will think it's gobble a juke  ;) ;)

http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/v/vanefarm/sightings.aspx

Regards

Joe. ;D

Blimey, it's like some of the post on the Moira forum!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

as joe pointed out your north of carlisle aint you bill  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

.. but I'm not!  I found it great reading and could almost hear it being spoken. 

Scots dialect is nae problem but Glaswegian I find extremely difficult  :(::)

I can see your are getting into the swing of it already Sue...."nae problem"...I like that touch ;) ;)

I am a Pratchett fan and after reading 3 books featuring the Nac Mac Feegle ...

",..crivens, we missed that coo beastie, let's tak yon ship instead!" ;)::)

it involves the tow rope breaking on the crest of a hill, and the car being towed overtaking the car towing it down the other side. i won't go into any more detail or Robbo will arrest me.  :police:

Having done it once, I reckon you'll use a stronger rope before you do it again  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rope was "rated" at 2000kg. mini with no interior weighs a quarter of that, even with 70kg of lardy bum alex behind the wheel! i've a good mind to lynch someone at the local halfrauds with whats left of it!

Conversation to a customer at spalding toyfair this morning about a zetor forterra convo I was selling,he asks

Q.Is that uh a standard release,it don't look right

Me. I reply,No its a conversion put on to resin cast row crop wheels

Q,It still don't look right and conversions are fads anyways

Me.Come along to spalding model tractor show in oct,loads of convos and more people attend than this show,

Q.He says,I have never missed a spalding tractor show

20 mins later I sell said model for full price to another customer ;D

Just spent half the day negotiating the sale of some Tri-ang and Shuco models to Mexico and the guy's been writing in German.

Therefore, I assumed I was dealing with a German living in Mexico (as you would).

Anyway, just concluded everything, having struggled with a translator to construct replies in German, followed by the big apology 'My apologies, my German is very bad so I'm using a translator'...

... to which 'Manuel' replies... 'so am I, but we could correspond in English or Spanish if you prefer...' doh ::):-[

Oh Mandy, that is classic - better than the time I had a conversation with a Hungarian in German as he spoke no English and I spoke no Hungarian.  It did seem odd at the time. 

The question is why did "Manuel" think you were German in the first place?

Oh Mandy, that is classic - better than the time I had a conversation with a Hungarian in German as he spoke no English and I spoke no Hungarian.  It did seem odd at the time. 

The question is why did "Manuel" think you were German in the first place?

I have no idea, Sue - he contacted me via eBay.co.uk, so I can't see why he would :-\

I had to tell a client today that one of their sons had been using 'Adult Premium' phone lines  ;D

Poor bloke sounded embarrassed that his accountant had to point this out to him  :D :D

These men that sort out their mid-life crisis by getting a tattoo ;);D ;D ;D

Love ya both really :-*:-*

barry :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

for me, the look on my big bosses face when 4 of us turned up to his big talk about the future?? and sat down at the back ,left it 5 mins then all put a pair of those glasses with eyes painted on the lenses on, took him 3 or 4 mins to realise to which he just cracked up ,especially when one of us started to snore