jd 3140 / 4240s builds

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all done now mate, and moved the front axel forward a bit to, mainly as i broke the origonal after i dropped it ::) ::) did catch it but the front hit at least :-[ realised i have forgotten the filler ,so in town tommorrow for work so guess what i will be buying

got the 3140 all filler primed up this afternoon, and had a look at the 4240s again ,still a bit stuck on that right now, so tinkered with the 3rd build in this lot, will post some pics later when the paints dry,but i do need some help, can anyone help with some pics of the inside roof pannel and sunroof area on a sg2 cab please?? i am guessing a brouchure would have them, i just cant find any shots online, need the area where any vents ect may be, and the area arround the sunroof part to if you can ,feel free to post them up in this topic if you can help

cheers

well heres how the 3140 stands as of tonight, shes all filler primed up, and bar a few minor surface fills is ready for the green, cab still needs work inside and on the roof, so wont paint that right away,

002.jpg

001.jpg

the weights have been sprayed green ready, put them on after the pics for a test fit, and i can now only fit 9 on the frame not 10, amazing how a coat of paint can take space like that

0064.jpg

the 4240 rebuild has started, new floor is in place and the supports sorted so it sits level

003.jpg

and no3 has been test fitted ,had a twisted ertl chassis that couldnt be got straight again, so its been cut down, and with luck will become the 2140, i know the base chassis is wrong, but it wont so so much with new frameing on the chassis ect done, otherwise i need a new chassis to cut down again, and these are commanding good money now

0053.jpg

0043.jpg

ideal, thanks mate, i aint to far of then going by them shots ,started the cabs interior, got the fan control section in, next up will be the radio pod, and that area where the vents are, plus a slight reshape on the inside of the sections, as i have made mine a bit square compaired to that curved front, ,the chassis has some colour now, and i have started the hatch on the outside to

P1040918.jpg

P1040919.jpg

P1040917.jpg

and the sunroof from the top

P1040920.jpg

and the first of the gas rams fitted onto it ,mainly a test, but work pretty well actually

P1040922.jpg

P1040924.jpg

cheers pete, slowley but surely as they say ,do need some yellow paint mind, never known a tin of aeriosol paint to go off like this jd stuff, the green was 3/4 full, and i recon its 1/4 full now, but its gone gas wise??? the yellow i have, well thats got nothing in it preassure wise, but deffo has paint in it, prob not to far off being full infact ,my other tins (mf,ford ect) are all fine

Archived