jd 3140 / 4240s builds

well here she is , still got thew bits to do mentioned in my last post, but the yellow paints dried ok, so i can now get on, both the side windows and the rear still work , roof needs new metal runners(which i have ordered some fine steel for) so it is stuck up for now, rather than remove the rams and risk breaking anything for now

0013.jpg

0022.jpg

0044.jpg

0032.jpg

0065.jpg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also been tinkering with these cage wheels, got a magnetic attachment which works really well with the siku style hub ,only prob is right now i cant find the other one??? think one of the cats may have removed it from the board when i left it un attended :- :- :- recon i may well also be making a set of rubber duals to match using the same fittment method,

0084.jpg

0092.jpg

also done a bit more on the 4240, now this is nearly done, have fitted the new floor, and also been cutting and sanding out the hole for the lights on the front of the arches, if i added any more rims to them the door wouldnt have opend so this seemed the easiest way round it

013.jpg

0102.jpg

That 31 may well be your best tractor build to date. You've built a lot of tractors now and I reckon that one has the cleanest finish mate, really smart. I can't wait to see how its big brother shapes up 8)

cheers tris and jack , its coming along now, with any luck before i go on tues it will be finished ,

jack the 2wd axels worth it at present but its fragile being white metal, theres a huge amount of 2wd axels being done now, from uh with the mf's due, andf also the ford they are doing, so maybe in time once people start breaking them ect, like mini toys france do, it will be easier just to buy them for the strenght alone,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well i have just added the new exhaust, and finished glazing the cab, just waiting for the wiper arms to dry before fitting those, and the 3140 will be finished, however just wondering wheres the most common position for a rear number plate on the sg cabbed jd's?? seen a few with them on the top of the cab, and a few on plates on the rear wheel arches?? also a few fitted below the cabs rear screen , dont want to go printing out the wrong shaped one andf making the board and lights for it till i am sure

well, bar a few little touches to paint , and the number plate, the 3140 is all pretty much done now, need to pop into town to get the paint i need, or find somewhere while at work , have removed the xe series decals after i found out they didn't do 6 cylinder xe models, lesson to learn on google image search, always check :laugh: :laugh:

new pma exhaust with working top flap fitted now, so suits the other pma additions very nicely i think. only build addition i may yet add is a tool box on the opposite side to the steps but a bit undecided on this right now

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

Archived