Harvest started yet

Tractorman810

Cultivations have started across Wiltshire and Berkshire. Saw a New Holland T8 pulling a Simba tool near Devizes among the New Holland CR's cutting rape and a Challenger 800 series working down barley stubble near Hungerford.

A lot of stubble about now on the lighter ground.

My favourite CX820 has now been sold; its been replaced with an 07 reg CX8070; the same machine is somewhere in my 'recent travels' pictured working near the canal when with its former owner. I didn't expect to see anything after the rain we had in the morning, so didn't have the camera; mind you I think I've uploaded far too many CX photos over the years, need to seek out some different makes and models!

Incidentally, the dealer is asking £76000 for the 820!

Weve been going since last tues done about 500 acres of rape and 100 acres of barley not great going with 2 combines but been very stop start due to weather etc but the 580+ is going well and 480 evo is finding its feet now gremlins are being sorted. I will start on our cat tomo turning rape stumbles brown

Weve been going since last tues done about 500 acres of rape and 100 acres of barley not great going with 2 combines but been very stop start due to weather etc but the 580+ is going well and 480 evo is finding its feet now gremlins are being sorted. I will start on our cat tomo turning rape stumbles brown

Whereabouts in Essex are you - it's all stopped locally in Suffolk after two rainy days so I've nothing to point my camera at... boo! :-[

/m.

We farm from near gt bardfield (580+ is here) to near Sudbury where 480 evo is and I'm near Braintree in cat so were well spread ha ha!, nah we haven't moved for 2 days either and isn't looking good this week either

winter barley finished. variety-cassatta, 3.2 ton an acre of light land, specific weight of 65. cattle farmer next door to us had the straw, 5 foot round bales, tightly wound and they came of the field at 6 per acre. what a difference a year makes. heres our baby claas malcy p, claas medion 310 with a 17 foot table. you dont see many small claas machines around now!!post-3323-0-37763800-1343855639_thumb.jppost-3323-0-80981700-1343855687_thumb.jppost-3323-0-31359800-1343855730_thumb.jp

Saw a massey9280 delta hybrid and case 9120 in osr yesterday.Then followed a nh t7050 to a BIG field of wheat.belongs to philpots.Two cx8090 slowly going in a thick crop.I counted 4 nh tractor and marston 14 t trailer.i left at 10 oclock and they were is at it..

It was all action close to where I live until the heavens opened, plenty of barley being felled and a number of farms making a start on O.S.R. Some very heavy showers crossing the area as I write this. Hasn't been the best of weeks weather wise, lots of cloud and very little sunshine.

Did 35 miles tonight, didn't see anything at work (been quite stormy today) but a few combines parked up...it seems the farm that ran the Fortschritt E517 I caught last year has replaced it with a Lexion 630. Seems odd seeing a 'mainstream' combine there, before the E517 was a Fortschritt E524 and before that they had Volvo S950s.