What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy 2013

popped into the local jd dealer while working outside there today, they always sold other brands of models but have now stopped that, just jd models, did come out with a wiking jd 7430 loader, sold as broken for £25, was informed the front axel was broken, but after a quick look it turns out the front wheel on one side hadnt been screwed on properly, quick shake of the detached wheel reveled the screw was  still inside the hub so a swift payment was made, and a repair effected down the road in the back of the van, got me a bargin i thinks :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  

• Like 3

nice one sean,allways nice to get a bargain,bit like me with a uh mf 7624 i got,was the dealers smallridge bros?

popped into the local jd dealer while working outside there today, they always sold other brands of models but have now stopped that, just jd models, did come out with a wiking jd 7430 loader, sold as broken for £25, was informed the front axel was broken, but after a quick look it turns out the front wheel on one side hadnt been screwed on properly, quick shake of the detached wheel reveled the screw was  still inside the hub so a swift payment was made, and a repair effected down the road in the back of the van, got me a bargin i thinks :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:

I thought i made some pretty good purchases, but they cant even stand in the shade of yours! bloody fantastic purchases David. Great to see you bought the MF 1200 from Brian Norman that you were doubting and as Mike said, you were smiling from ear to ear when you showed us the JD7020..

and you managed to add another G&B models to your collection that i dont have, and here i was thinking i finally managed to get them all.. oh well, something to look for at the next Spalding show!

cheers,

-Wil

Spring Spalding Purchases:

PDC New Holland TM190 ( via Bazza's stand )

PDC Ford TW-20 2wd 

PDC Ford TW-15 2wd

PDC Ford 7910

PDC Massey Ferguson 3070

DBP County 1474 Short Nose

DBP County 1184 -TW

Martyn Reeve County 1474 Short Nose

G & B Models Roadless 115 with Ducan cab.

Peter Hardy Ford 6640SL 2wd ( Imber Conversion ) Weathered and rear wheel weights.

Brian Norman Massey Ferguson 1200

Peter Hardy Massey Ferguson 1200 ( Show Model ) Weathered.

Spec Cast International 1456 Lafeyette Show Model.

Ertl N.F.T.S John Deere 7020. I finally have a full set of these models.

Siku Renault 145.14 with backhoe. A childhood favourite. 

I thought i made some pretty good purchases, but they cant even stand in the shade of yours! bloody fantastic purchases David. Great to see you bought the MF 1200 from Brian Norman that you were doubting and as Mike said, you were smiling from ear to ear when you showed us the JD7020..

and you managed to add another G&B models to your collection that i dont have, and here i was thinking i finally managed to get them all.. oh well, something to look for at the next Spalding show!

cheers,

-Wil

Thanks ever so much Wil. So pleased I ended up with a Brian Norman 1200, it's a fantastic model, ever so slightly chunkier than the UH version. Very well put together and so much more desirable. Definitely a huge favourite of mine. As for the 7020....at last! Finally a full set of N.F.T.S tractors. I have since discovered there is a collector edition 7520 which looks like it's based on this model that i'm now very keen to find.

I'll be honest I was convinced I had a complete set of G & B Roadless models too, until I noticed the different variation of 115 with Duncan cab fitted and rear wheel weights on Bazza's stand. Certainly wasn't leaving without it! :)

Picked up my DBP models at the very end of the day. Absolutely delighted with them both. Quite fancy a County 1164 of Dave's next when I get saved up again :)

Same as here Sean,I often got mf models at the local jd dealer when I was a lad.soild,stable,still brain washed more like a sale is a sale i'd of thought exp implerments.

having missed spalding due to the farm workload, i added these to my collection today;

schuco JD 312O.

weise Fendt 926.

DBP county 1174.

and these 5 from universal hobbies;

MF 1080 4WD.

MF 390 2WD.

MF 690 4WD.

FORD 5610 2WD.

FORD 7610 4WD.

the rear wheels are currently off of the 5610 and 390 to have their track width narrowed a little.

Edited by chris.watson
  • Like 4

I've got several of those front loaders Robert, they fit quite a number of 1980's Britains tractors with very little or no modifications, looks especially good on the Britains Renault 155-45 and  145-14 as fitted to the real Renaults as they are Franchi loaders. Still have 3 to fit to something on day. The loaders I have came from Nathan.

Latest visit to the model shop:

Weise-Toys Fendt Favorit 926 Vario (Gen I)

Weise-Toys Fendt Favorit 822 on all round dual wheels

Schuco Fendt 313 Vario

Wiking John Deere 6125R

Wiking Amazone maize drill

This might not be the appropriate topic for this question but I didn't think it was worth opening a new topic for:

Can anyone help me value an Ertl John Deere 8400 Precision series model and Cat Challenger 85E from Norscot. Both models are boxed and have only been displayed on a shelf. What do you guys reckon is a fair price for the pair? I have been offered both but don't know what they are worth. I don't want to pay top money for them. I was thinking £80/85 for the John Deere and £50 for the Challenger.

I am also still looking for the Claas Challenger and Challenger MT765 from Norscot. Don't know if anyone has one he wants to sell? ;D

Edited by Niels

Thanks Mike and Sean! I saw those dear Johnnies at Zwolle yes. Did not see the €120 one sadly. Also saw them for 200-250... I picked up the 9400T new, boxed, from fellow forum member Bas (Texas) for €125 iirc and hope I get get the 8400 for no less but do want to offer a fair price. We'll see what he comes up with!

Thanks Mike and Sean! I saw those dear Johnnies at Zwolle yes. Did not see the €120 one sadly. Also saw them for 200-250... I picked up the 9400T new, boxed, from fellow forum member Bas (Texas) for €125 iirc and hope I get get the 8400 for no less but do want to offer a fair price. We'll see what he comes up with!

They seemed to vary Wildly to be honest Neils sure I saw them the previous year for 200 to 250 , last show they seemed cheaper to me but not so many arround either .